Single dads

Options
competecompetecompete
competecompetecompete Posts: 1,058 Member
Any single dads out there? How many kids? Ever wish your situation different?

Hard for me to wish anything different...just wish I had more money so that stress would be lessened
3 kids here
All different
All awesome
Just felt like I needed to post

Replies

• CVURN76
    CVURN76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey single dad! Looking to befriend a single mom? No kids attached..
    Just friendship?
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2 kids. Three dogs. I luckily have the kids every other week and do most of their transportation so I see them just about every day.
    I am happier now than when I was married. Healthier as well. It is nice to make decisions for my children without having to compromise.
    I dated for a few years, but now I feel less and less like that is doable. How can I commit myself to a woman in any meaningful way and still put my children first? I think I like things the way they are.
  • leasy1
    leasy1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awww I like this post. I am not a man but I was a single parent for a while, just plodding along in life, happy as a pig in do dah, no ties, no one else to worry about other than my children, it was great. They got older, they needed me less and less, independence is a great thing to have until it comes to your children having it. I have heard of so many single fathers breaking their necks to find someone else whether it was due to separation or partner sadly passing away to become a "mummy" figure because they feel thier children need it or they can't cope so well being a single parent and need someone to help take the pressure off. So a massive hats off to you guys, so much respect to you!! :)
  • tg16nullity
    tg16nullity Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2 kids. Three dogs. I luckily have the kids every other week and do most of their transportation so I see them just about every day.
    I am happier now than when I was married. Healthier as well. It is nice to make decisions for my children without having to compromise.
    I dated for a few years, but now I feel less and less like that is doable. How can I commit myself to a woman in any meaningful way and still put my children first? I think I like things the way they are.

That's a good way to look at it. I've got 6 year old twins (full custody) for over 3 years now. I've had a few dates but it almost never works out because I get so little free time. I still hold on to the hope that someday I'll find someone, but for now I'm content just working on me and trying to give my kids the best childhood I can. It would be nice to have someone to share adult life with (and to keep the boys from fighting / breaking things every time I use the bathroom!) but the single life isn't so bad.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You guys all rock. Your kids are lucky to have you.
  • CVURN76
    CVURN76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Wait. How can you be a single mom if you don't have kids? Am I missing something?

It was meant to be funny...like haha "no kids attached", "no strings attached"....,strictly friends....it made sense in my mind before I had a glass of wine.