40 something mom making time for me

Options
2»

Replies

• everycontinent
    everycontinent Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - would like to be added to your group. Solo mom, NYC, one child away at college. Gained 45 pounds in last 5 years - looking to get back in shape by the time I turn 50!
  • Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to be added, too. I turned 40 this year. I have 4 kids. I've had a rough year with getting thyroid removed b/c of cancer and then back surgery. Would love more friends/accountability.
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Can I join you too? 45 with two children - work part time and study part time. Little time to myself especially with the holidays starting - rarely get to watch tv for example (though do seem to make time for fb/mfp forums!). Have been on mfp just over 6 weeks - 15lbs lost, 13 to go and know these are going to be harder - couldn't believe how easily the first 8 or 9 came off but it is much slower now...
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I to would like to join. Over 40 married 2 kids. I am learning to make me a priority and that starts with taken better care of myself. I doing small increments. My first goal is 5 pounds. I had lost 20 last year but life happened and I have probably gained it all back. I will weigh tomorrow to know for sure. We deserve this as moms we help everyone else reach their goals. Let's support each other to help us reach our goals
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a 40 year old SAHM of 5. My oldest son is 17 and my youngest is 2 weeks old. I had a super rough final pregnancy that just about killed us both, and am looking forward to getting my old life back. I was on bedrest at the end so I'm very anxious to rebuild my body. I have to lose a lot of weight so I will be around for a long time to encourage others. :)
  • FeelingFit
    FeelingFit Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Married almost 25yrs, mom of three, desk jockey with an hour commute each way, 47yrs old, 5' 5", 218lb. Started walking 3-4 miles per day and hoping to get down to 150lb by next summer. What is the safest, quickest way to accomplish this? Time to focus on "me" while the older two are off to college this fall and the youngest starts high school.

• joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    FeelingFit wrote: »
    Married almost 25yrs, mom of three, desk jockey with an hour commute each way, 47yrs old, 5' 5", 218lb. Started walking 3-4 miles per day and hoping to get down to 150lb by next summer. What is the safest, quickest way to accomplish this? Time to focus on "me" while the older two are off to college this fall and the youngest starts high school.

Same for me! I have twins starting college this fall - one is going away, one is living at home and commuting to state college. And my youngest is going to be a freshman. All boys.
  • julie03878
    julie03878 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I so agree. Kids are grown And it's my time to lose the weight
  • Robical
    Robical Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, please add me too :) I am 47 with 2 kids, 9 and 7, and it's so hard. I feel guilty if I am not with them or at work :(
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, mom of two young ones, and work full-time. Feel free to add :)
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 47 year old mom of two. Looking for help to stay focused. Getting closer to my goal over half way there. Gonna do this.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been walking most evenings and just watching what I eat. I'm down 25 pounds so far since march. Ready to get some more off and reach my goal weight. Looking to switch things up for exercises. What are your go to exercises when you need a change in pace?
  • FeelingFit
    FeelingFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When your husband says you are a binge tv watcher and need a project....my project is now "me"......just finished an hour on the elliptical at the local Y and my diary is under the calorie goal for the day!
  • craftedbydesign
    craftedbydesign Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! May I join? I'm Mom to 7, 47, married, Celiac, stay-at- home, home educating, my youngest are 2 year old twins, and I'm looking for mommy friends for accountability! Lost 50# last year, but gained back 30 :-( Looking to loose 118#
  • tforbes9103
    tforbes9103 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 43 with an eight year old. Work full time. Now that he can do most things by himself I feel like I have the time now to take care of myself. Or should I say taking the time for myself. He even likes exercising with me sometimes. Please feel free to add me as well. I feel like the more friends that come together the more motivation we have, the more accountability we have and a better chance I have at meeting my goal. Have a great weekend.
  • cigku
    cigku Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm about to turn 40 with a 9 & 10 year old. So glad to see there are others like me- it's time to put my house in order! Have been looking to lose about 25 kgs for oh, the last 20 years or so! Ready to try life not plus-size.