So much to lose, so much time

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I have a plan, a goal infact to be healthy, lean and of course fit.

Me now, well, is the opposite. I am fat, out of condition and damn right unattractive to look at.

My stats now 192cm and 146kg. People say hey you are not too bad, but they dont see me in the mirror with a skirt of fat and horrid stretch marks.

My goal. 115kg by 24th Dec this year. Firstly i need to think if reducing my meal sizes and calorie intake. Anyone offer suggestions on meal sizes as i try, but love if food gets to me first. Secondly, calories. I am thinking 1600, again i need to know if this is too high or too low for a sedentry person.

Guidelines, Tips greatly appreciated

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does MFP give you 1600 cals?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Do what myfitnesspal suggests. Log all your food and drink accurately and honestly. Eat what you like, logging accurately. If it appears that you've reached your MFP limit for calories, stop eating. If that happens at your breakfast, maybe then you need to decide to try intermittent fasting for the rest of the day, or exercise, or perhaps even changing your breakfast. My point is, this is your life and these are your choices. It's easy to do once you start logging your food accurately and honestly.
  • MeirBinder
    MeirBinder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey. for your stats,1600 calories is way too low..even if that's what myfitnesspal suggests. of course that as you will lose the weight you'll need to decrease the amount of calories that you eat,but not eating enough is a recipe to a lot of problems,that one of them will be the difficulty of keeping your diet. you need to figure out what "style" of eating fits you (keto,paleo,less calories+exersice,find the right macros for your body type,etc..). it may take a little time to understand what suits you best,but it's worth it. but of course that is only my opinion and you probably should talk to a professional about this and come here for more tips and motivation and friends :) anyway, I hope you'll find what's best for you and get to the weight you want (in a healthy way).