Getting Started, AGAIN!!!!

Options
Hello, I am new to myfitnesspal. I am at a point in my weight I thought I never would be and it is time to really get serious. I need to lose about 180-200 pounds and I know it isnt going to be easy but I am ready to start living again and I hope I can get some inspiration from all of you and hope to be able to inspire others. We can do this together.

Replies

• Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I need to lose at least 100, probably more. But if I can get closer to 200, I will start trying with my husband for a baby. We can do it!!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey to better health! I have been on this site since Jan. - LOVE IT! It's kept me more motivated than anything I've done before. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want - we are close in age - I am turning 42 next month.
  • edward1973
    edward1973 Posts: 67
    Options
    Lost 7stone on lighterlife but 3 managed to sneak back on - so doing this plus the gym and hoping i can get back on track:happy:
  • RochelleShimak
    Options
    Good luck to you. You can do it!
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Rochelle, Welcome. You can do this. No matter what the number you have to lose, we are all on the same journey... one pound at a time. I'm pretty sure that this is not your first try at this weight loss game. I've tried it all. MFP has been such a blessing for me and I believe that it will be for you too. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can walk this journey of 1000 miles together. Good luck!
  • Stim100986
    Options
    Getting Started Again will be ny new mantra...

I'm not big on calling losing weight dieting, since it's really more about eating less than of changing what items I put in my body.

I've found that - so far - the biggest problem I've had was forgetting what I've eaten throughout the day, and not realizing how many calories are in those danged candy bars!!!

One less snack here, one less portion of dinner there, and WOW does working out make a difference!

I've found setting short term goals really helps too... I'm 10 pounds from the lightest I've been in 10 years. Once I get there, I can worry about the next goal. Hopefully I saty motivated enough to hit my eventual 60 pounds.. We shall see!!
  • glasgowgirl101
    glasgowgirl101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosie......pleased to meet you. I'm at the beginning of a long journey myself and looking for friends to share the highs and lows with. I'm feeling really good and totally motivated right now, but as we all know, as the weeks and months go by, our good intentions sometimes go with it. So, feel free to add me and we can have lots of laughs and hopefully not too many tears while we get to our goals :smile: