Hello :) mommy of two looking to loose!

Options
k_sharp
k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
Hi my name is Kris and Im looking to loose 25-30lbs but Im also trying to get into strenght training because I want to be tone and the more muscle the more I can eat without gaining it back:) I am a military wife and mommy of two! I was active duty military my self up untill may 1010 and now im a stay at home mom. I had my kids back to back and never had time to loose any weight in between. My youngest is now 2 1/2 and I really need to loose the rest of this weight! I have lost 10 lbs over the last 9 months but I still have alot to go! I have been going to the gym atleast 2x per week for the last 6 months but now im trying to up it to 5x per week! Im have always been really bad about food logging and I LOVE junk food especially chocolate and brownies! I am really trying to cut back and I wanna stay ontop of food logging so I can reach my goals faster! Im always up for new friends and support cant wait to chat with you all and be there for support!

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can friend me!
  • pratkovic
    pratkovic Posts: 55
    Options
    Bring it!! Freind me
  • Written0318
    Options
    Not losing - actually gaining, but motivation comes in all forms - you can friend me!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    WOW! Welcome. Logging here becomes second nature so once you get into it you will want to do it every day. One thing that helps is to plan as much of your day food wise as possible. That way you can put it all in at once and adjust during the day if you need to or add at night before bed. I am sure for a mom of two young kids the easier the better. I was a sucker for sweets as well sometimes you just have to buckle down and not give in ( easier said than done of course). There are some healthier alternatives though so no worries. I am more than sure you can do it! Good luck :)
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome, chocolate is my biggest vice too. Friend request on it's way :flowerforyou:
  • gutz19
    gutz19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there Kris - My name is John and this site is helping me...although I have not lost really any weight (1 lb). I am ex-military myself, married with 2 dogs.

What I like about it is, it's easy to note what you eat. I did weight watchers before I got married and it worked, but then I gained the weight back...lost the weight again when I had a personal trainer and logged my food.

What has worked for me in the past is WORKING OUT 5 TIMES per week. I don't have kids so I'm sure you have your hands full. One last thing. I use P90X and RevAbs home work out DVDs...love them and it saves me money (after you have all the DVDS and stuff). So bottom line is, log it and work out 5 times a week....i

Good Luck (and me too)!

-John
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    welcome! :smile:

for me, seeing what i ate in black and white really made me realize why i packed on that extra pound a year... i've learned a lot about portion control and self control since i've been logging my food. now if i want that brownie, i look at what i need to do to burn those calories off and maybe i'll have it or maybe i won't, or maybe i'll just eat a small bite instead of the whole thing, but i hold myself accountable. it's a journey, but well worth the increased stamina to keep up with your little ones!

be sure to take some measurements as well... sometimes we can get discouraged if we're only looking at what the scale says, but weight isn't the only indicator of success! best of luck on your journey!

feel free to friend me too!

oh, i'm doing jillian's 30 day shred dvd... if you want a good place to start, it has really helped me take off the inches!
  • raj73
    raj73 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey mommy of two, i am a mommy of three and i am loving this site. I too want to lose 25lbs and would love to be freinds just to egg each other on and support each other through our brownie craving rampage. I have to date lost about 70lbs and would like to lean out a bit more. I have just started doing zumba classes and they have excited me enough that i love doing cardio....everyday. i Weight train everyday as well and am seeing mad results. maybe we can compare workouts sometime??

Hopefully we can be fitness pal freinds
    Raj Toor