Could I eat 3000 calories a day when I reach my goal weight?

Options
Chessbear
Chessbear Posts: 45 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi. I changed my lifestyle by doing daily cardio and weight training at least 5 times a week.

My goal weight is 125-135lbs. Im 5 foot 6 and a male.

Im a big eater too. Could I get away with eating 3000 calories a day if im still doing the daily cardio and 5 times a week weight training?

Anyone with similar experience?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you burn. Check out a TDEE calculator like this one: https://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Chessbear wrote: »
    My goal weight is 125-135lbs. Im 5 foot 6 and a male...Could I get away with eating 3000 calories a day if im still doing the daily cardio and 5 times a week weight training?

Assuming a typical lightly active work life, you'd need to burn about 1400 calories a day in intentional exercise. At your desired size, basically, you'd need to do the equivalent of running a half marathon...every day.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm real close to my goal weight (was 170lb yesterday) and yesterday did a couple of hours of cardio and by the end of my day my calorie goal was over 3000, so yes.
  • Truckerwife92207
    Truckerwife92207 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    The only way to find out is to try it out for 2-3 weeks and see how your body weight does. I am currently eating 3K calories without doing cardio and I lift 4 times a week and I am still losing a little bit weight (not much, I am probably near my maintenance).

Best answer ever!! Everyone and every body is different.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Now how is this even remotely freaking fair?!
    I'm a female 5'7 and 136lbs and maintain on almost half of that. :(
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Now how is this even remotely freaking fair?!
    I'm a female 5'7 and 136lbs and maintain on almost half of that. :(

are you doing daily cardio and 5 times a week weight training?
  • ThatFrigginGuy99
    ThatFrigginGuy99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Track what works best for you. If you can eat 3000 and lost weight consistently, go for it. If it doesn't work for you, don't. Good luck.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When you reach your goal, try it and see!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Probably not
    However you are using mfp and making sustainable life choices so by the time you hit goal you will have determined an eating and exercise plan that works for you.
    Update your stats once a week and your calorie goal Wil adjust gradually. Also experiment with foods to determine what is delicious nutritious and filling for you. For me I need fiber and protein.