Lot's of weight to lose... help, support, motivation needed!

Options
Hi all!
My name is Timi and I am classified as morbidly obese. ( Wow that's the first time I have ever had the courage to write that down or say it out loud.) I have tried to lose weight multiple times and it usually works for a while and then I gain it all back plus some. And I am finding out how true the saying is that the older you get the harder it is to lose, after hitting forty the gains are definitely bigger and the losses less. If there is anyone out there that can offer suppor, advice, friendship, I would be glad to hear from you!

Replies

• seventy7ashes
    seventy7ashes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to help motivate with your weightloss journey. I am also working towards losing weight (I gained a lot after having 4 kids, and I have a snack addiction). I'm trying to break from the snacking habits and find other ways to keep myself occupied. I am going to college classes for Nutrition and will have my degree in the future. Then I will be a private nutritionist. I post a lot on instagram (meal ideas & fitness tips) if you would like to add me on there my name is LongMayWeRun
  • simsarah
    simsarah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Timi! I know it's super trite to say that the first step is admitting problems, but to a certain extent it's true. Owning your challenges makes them more approachable. I'm also a super fat, though I'm tall enough that I carry it well (whatever that means?) My weight peaked at 375 earlier this year and I'm over it. I'm 41 and I've struggled with it all my adult life, and, as you say, it's not going to get any EASIER! We can do this!

Have you set short term goals? I like an app called "Happy Scale" (it shows you a moving trend line, rather than just data points, so I find it really encouraging when I get a high number on the scale (hi Shark Week, how you doin'?) to see that I am still trending downward. It also automatically breaks your larger goals into nice 10% chunks which seem so much more manageable to me! Drop 100 lbs? That would take magic and possibly a lobotomy. Drop 30? I can probably DO that.

Anyhow, I know the yo yo of which you speak, and I'm happy to provide commiseration and encouragement as needed!
  • martinporter678
    martinporter678 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Hi all!
    My name is Timi and I am classified as morbidly obese. ( Wow that's the first time I have ever had the courage to write that down or say it out loud.) I have tried to lose weight multiple times and it usually works for a while and then I gain it all back plus some. And I am finding out how true the saying is that the older you get the harder it is to lose, after hitting forty the gains are definitely bigger and the losses less. If there is anyone out there that can offer suppor, advice, friendship, I would be glad to hear from you!

I would like to offer support and get some support. I don't have a support system at home I believe we are in a very similar situation i have been changing my habits since thanksgiving 16' ive lost 55lbs but stil along way to go for the 1st time in 20+yrs im under300lbs but im find myself losing motivation hope to become friends

Martin
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I weighed 285 lbs when I was 44. This morning I weighed 177 lbs. I'm 67 now. I haven't been over 186 lbs in almost 11yrs. It can be done.
  • lavettern
    lavettern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Timi and everyone. Would love to support you along this journey. I have a lot to lose but I'm well on my way to accomplishing my first goal. I'm 44 y/o, mom to 6...and cannot wait to finally get under 300lbs for the first time in over 10yrs.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

:)
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement! It is greatly needed and appreciated!