Active calories Garmin Connect

Options
It's just after 6pm and MFP with garmin connect linked is trying to give me over 2k exercise calories. I went to the gym for about 45 minutes this morning and did 15 minutes of actual cardio a little strength training and finished with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill and I haven't even hit 10k steps. So there is just no way.. Is there anyway to fix the calorie adjustments rather than to just ignore them??

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    A lot of fitness trackers can over-estimate. I think my Garmin workouts are accurate: I got 650-ish calories for three hours of weightlifting yesterday. However, it seems my non-exercise step adjustments are over. For someone my size it should be about 30 calories per 1000 steps.

I'm 5'3 and weigh 120 pounds. You can check your burn on another site like Sparkpeople where you enter stats in. Those numbers line up with my workouts.

I'm set to "active" in MFP with negative calorie adjustments enabled.

Bigger people burns more calories--what are your stats?
  • randilyn2013
    randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" 177lbs. I had mfp set to active thinking it would give less calories for my steps a while ago. It seems like the exercise calories just keep increasing without more exercise. It shouldn't be because of the HR monitor because my average and peak hr has decreased for my workouts.