I need help

Options
Hi everyone,
I lost 50 pounds so far, but I started to lose motivation. I started to go back to bad habits. I really would appreciate any advice to help me go back on track. Thanks!

Replies

• beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What are bad habits to you? It might help to answer your question with a little more detail.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When I've hit such a wall in the past and quit using the diary, I slowly return to previous eating habits and weight. Starting over sucks in a major way. Re-losing the same durn pounds repeatedly is a pain!
  • elhamidris
    elhamidris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What are bad habits to you? It might help to answer your question with a little more detail.
    Bad habits like eating sweets, junk food, drinking soda. I don't do it as often as before, but I feel it is slowly creeping back on me.
  • elhamidris
    Options
    When I've hit such a wall in the past and quit using the diary, I slowly return to previous eating habits and weight. Starting over sucks in a major way. Re-losing the same durn pounds repeatedly is a pain!

I hear you, after a vacation or a social gathering I feel it is very hard to get back to eating healthy. And it is definitely very hard to re-lose any regained pounds
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    elhamidris wrote: »
    Bad habits like eating sweets, junk food, drinking soda. I don't do it as often as before, but I feel it is slowly creeping back on me.

Plan it in advance. Say that you'll have something sweet after dinner and then stick to it. You're less likely to accept the sweets during the day if you know you'll get something later. None of those are really bad things, it's just a matter of figuring out how to keep a balance of including them and still meeting your goals. This is a strategy you'll need forever.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything? If not, that's the place to start. It will help you quantify exactly how much you can afford to eat and how out of hand it's getting.

Speaking for myself, I have no ability to moderate sweets and soda. It's cold turkey for me.
  • abriz
    abriz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would definitely start logging again even only if that for now just so you can gauge your intake. I do have a bite or two of things I'm really truly craving out of hunger. It doesn't affect my total loss at all and helps me stay on track. I also allow myself one cheat meal a week, whatever I want how ever much I want. This has been helpful for me to not be "perfect" all the time. Good luck!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take a daily pic for this reason. Do you have a selfie from before 50lb loss?

Also, it's a mind game. Ditch the excuses and get back to it. Most likely you're a much happier and more confident person now. Switch up your routine and foods a little. Maybe lower your loss rate?

You can do this! We all can!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't depend on motivation to get you through. You need to be committed to incorporating the habits that helped you lose weight into your life permanently.
  • elhamidris
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advices. I do log everything I eat, even if I go over I still do. I will try to recharge and start over.