Meat and Dairy

Options

Replies

• jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I understand everyone has there opinions as I do also. I have been to my doctor regarding my condition and she put me on meds for fibromyalgia. Which I have chronic pain everywhere. I don't want to be obese, I want to be healthy and fit. So as you can see I haven't given up so this is why I keep trying. I realise that fad diets don't work. Hard work and determination will. The craving for food especially in the evening time was very difficult to stop but now that I'm eating vegan it has helped and I have more energy. I believe each person has to decide which foods they eat for there success. Everyone has different body make-up and they know what's best for them.
    As for Oreos....enjoy!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I understand everyone has there opinions as I do also. I have been to my doctor regarding my condition and she put me on meds for fibromyalgia. Which I have chronic pain everywhere. I don't want to be obese, I want to be healthy and fit. So as you can see I haven't given up so this is why I keep trying. I realise that fad diets don't work. Hard work and determination will. The craving for food especially in the evening time was very difficult to stop but now that I'm eating vegan it has helped and I have more energy. I believe each person has to decide which foods they eat for there success. Everyone has different body make-up and they know what's best for them.
    As for Oreos....enjoy!

I have a friend who greatly relieved her fibromyalgia pain by going vegetarian. You are correct that foods don't affect us all in the same manner. Best of luck to you.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I've been over weight for over 20 years, let's see if plant base diet helps me kick the fat off my body.
    I also exercise every other day at a gym.

how many grams of protein are you planning to eat?
  • jennpinklady
    Options
    I've been over weight for over 20 years, let's see if plant base diet helps me kick the fat off my body.
    I also exercise every other day at a gym.

how many grams of protein are you planning to eat?

Just get my protein from plants base foods. All plants has proteins including grains. This is how all the animals on our planet survive. If they don't get protein they die.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    We love you Jenny. But, you mentioned the China Study. Make sure you do not fall for the videos on the internet. There are many animal rights activists on the internet that are making up lies about meat and dairy. Worst I think is Dr. McGreggor. He is just lie, after lie, after lie.
  • jennpinklady
    Options
    Potatoes have all 9 Amino Acids. Eat plenty of these.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm coming off of a whole foods, plant based experiment and my own results with it were pretty disappointing. But, if it's working for you and you're enjoying it then nothing wrong with going this route. Best of luck to you OP as you continue on :)
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    babychris1 wrote: »
    Go Vegan for your health, the animals and the planet. There's no reason not to go vegan really.

My health didn't improve though during my plant based experiment-my cholesterol numbers actually got worse.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for five years for ethical rather than nutritional reasons. I also gained 100 pounds in that five years. Eating plant based will not help you lose weight if you are eating too many calories.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    geltner2 wrote: »
    Congratulations on reading the China Study and seeing the film "Forks over Knives." You are smart to give a plant based diet a try or maybe for life. I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years. The transition takes a couple of months until you get used to new meal ideas, new food shopping. So many foods are improved now as compared to when I turned vegetarian. Non-dairy yogurt is much better....I like Silk but there are other good ones. So many varieties of non-dairy milk now. I think that you will do well and give your health a great boost.

https://deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
  • jennpinklady
    Options
    I think that was misunderstood. I need to correct that statement, I know calorie deficit works as you learn your BMR.
  • jennpinklady
    Options
    Any vegetarians, or those who are open to it, please add me as a friend.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I think that was misunderstood. I need to correct that statement, I know calorie deficit works as you learn your BMR.

as you learn your BMR?what does that mean? BMR is what your body burns just by being alive and functioning.