Wii Sport exercise.............

Options
I bought a Wii and i just checked to see if was listed on the exercise list and it is, i have played it a couple of times, i have the Sport and Sport Resort. I was so impressed on how much u can use playing virtual sport. I love my Wii and i shall play it more often now that i can list it as exercise. Does anyone else have a Wii and do u find it works well

I really enjoyed playing especially with the kids as i can exercise while beating them lol, and spending time with them,

Replies

• Elysian13
    Elysian13 Posts: 79
    Options
    I love my wii! I use the fit plus for weighing in and all that stuff, as well as yoga and strength training. I do my Zumba on the wii and lost 11ibs so far! =D
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25lbs since June 1st playing my Wii. I do the Wii fit and Wii Zumba ... I LOVE IT
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Interactive gaming is awesome! I have a Wii and a PS3Move and they are awesome! I'm going to get the Fit for the Move soon, it comes with a HRM ( I'm sure not the best) but it will be something :)

Have fun with your games!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii! I have Wii fit plus, Wii Zumba, and Gold's Gym Dance Workout. love them all!!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I love the active game active 2 is the best I don't have to deal with the cords but my batteries dead so I can't play it
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im not very good at it yet the tennis is abit of a mission but im getting better.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii and have been playing around with it. I just got Golds Gym Cardio Workout and My Fitness Coach. I've been looking for a good deal (cheap!) on Zumba because I love to do it, but I can't afford the gym right now. But, I am looking forward to playing around with the two I have and looking into more. Would love to hear the suggestions for workout "games".
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a Wii I love it I have the EA Active Personal Trainer and EA Active more workouts I love it
    the more workouts have step arobics on it!! makes you work hard and burns alot of calories!!

it also has workout programmes that are diffrent every day you exercise!!!

I have had my Wii since January 2010 and I have lost 47lbs!! it has been tough going at some points
    but I have stuck with it and had to tweek a couple of times to adjust to getting smaller!!!

Hope this helps

enjoy your wii
    good luck
  • dragonfly1120
    dragonfly1120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to work out to Wii. Also, I use the body test to graph my progress. Quick and easy. We have Wii fit and sports. I like the running, boxing, advanced step, and hula hoop. The yoga is great too. All around so much better than stepping outside in the 100 degree temps.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I lost half my weight playing Wii Just Dance 2 and Wii Active. It's fun :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, Fit Plus, EA Sports Active, More Active, and Active 2. All great!

Everyone keeps raving about the Zumba, so I think that's going to be my next Wii purchase! :happy:
  • bethany1031
    bethany1031 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii! Just Dance 2 is super fun when you don't really want to "work out", but also don't want to feel guilty for just sitting on the couch. My 3 year old & I play it a lot!!!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit Plus. It's fun to bicycle around the island, or you can hula hoop, ski jump, yoga, strength training. All sorts of things for whatever you are in the mood for and whatever fitness level you happen to be at.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My friend bought the Wii Zumba while I was visiting and we tried it out ... I had taken classes before at the gym but she hadn't done it at all. We both thought it was a lot of fun. I like having a variety because I get bored easily. I also like being able to have something fun to workout with without being discouraged by the heat and humidity or the cost of a gym.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii and have been playing around with it. I just got Golds Gym Cardio Workout and My Fitness Coach. I've been looking for a good deal (cheap!) on Zumba because I love to do it, but I can't afford the gym right now. But, I am looking forward to playing around with the two I have and looking into more. Would love to hear the suggestions for workout "games".

Check on Amazon - got mine for $29. :wink:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    wii is awesome! I like just dance 2 and gold's gym dance workout but I use my fitness coach a lot now too.

wii sports is fun - i like the tennis and baseball and bowling but i've found my calorie burn (according to my HRM) is lower than what MFP says it is.