Net Cal tracking and linked Cal from MapMyFitness idsues

pcs0snq
pcs0snq Posts: 10 Member
I could use some help. I need to track net calories, but at best just see days in the simple log calculator seen at the top. A trend or weekly or monthly total would be great.
I'm also not able to get my exercise calories from MapMyFitness to show up. I have connected a few times, but never see calories pulled over. Typing them in seems stupid.
Anyone ever seen these work in an iPhone 7 current iOS?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Does MFP say the accounts are linked?

And the accounts is what the data is synced through - not the apps.
    MMF sends it to their app/account server, that server sends to MFP account server, that server sends to app server, that server sends data to your MFP app to view.

Yes you should not need to type them in, you should get a generic sounding name and calorie burn that shows up.

And NET calories is all what MFP does, and those trends are there on the app when you view historical.
  • pcs0snq
    pcs0snq Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you heybales

It sounds like what you are describing needs to be done on line not from my iPhone. The linking I did was from app to app only?

I looked for "view historical" and can't seem to find. Did I miss it in the app or is that an on line function?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    There is no linking app to app. While MFP app allows you to select where the steps are based on for instance, it's not reading the Fitbit device or app when it gets steps from the device. Merely not using itself.
    All data goes through flow I mentioned.

You have no choices in the matter because there is only one way to do it.

As to the Net view, it should be the daily columns, broken down by total eaten and different color NET eaten.