Transitioning from weight loss to muscle gain

Options
filmguyuk
filmguyuk Posts: 20 Member
Hi, All.

I started my journey about 3 years ago. I had gone north of 17st 6ibs (111kg) and I decided enough was enough. I made the decision on Feb 15th this year to stop drinking alcohol and it's just been 5 months. I'm not a massive drinker but the continual stealth calories of wine and beer were really working against me. It's actually not been too bad.

My progress has been hit and miss, but after Christmas 2016 I've been super focused and with a regular daily intake of 1500 calories, I'm floating at around 14st 3ibs (90kg). I've recently joined a gym. I've still a decent amount of fat on my tummy, so now want to focus on toning and hopefully getting some muscle developed.

I have no idea what to do now at this point. I'm going to the gym of an evening with my wife. We tend to do some rowing, cycling and I do incline walking on the runners (I've got a very weak ankle from multiple breaks from my rugby days so struggle to run on it). Any advice would be massively appreciated. I've flirted with doing some weights but unsure what would work best. I'd love to increase muscle on my chest and arms really. Open to all advice and a few new friends on the app for moral support.

Matt

Replies

• filmguyuk
    filmguyuk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've reposted this in the fitness section, in the hope of some replies.