No Sweet Treats Challenge *GASP*

Options
Chelseatheturtle
Chelseatheturtle Posts: 25 Member
Howdy!

Anyone out there addicted to sugary sweet? Me too. I realized I was eating the sweets just to eat and I was sick of being stuck in the 250s. That is why I started the No Sweet Treats Challenge. I am 2 weeks into this challenge while using MFP and I have seen promising results on the scale. Here's the Challenge (Note - this is NOT a sugar free diet):

NO:
  • Cake,
  • Candies (including mints and chocolate),
  • Cookies,
  • Ice cream,
  • Froyo,
  • Pie,
  • Sugary drinks,
  • etc...
basically anything man-made to be sweet and high in calories without any real nutritional value. Do whatever you have to do to avoid the sweets (hide them away, lock'em up, don't think about them, throw them out). For me, no matter the occasion, I avoid eating the sweets.

Two exceptions (for myself) that I use in moderation is fruit preserves and dried coconut chunks.

Naturally produced sugars from fruits, honey, milk, etc. are allowed. I also allow foods that contain some sugar (what processed food now-a-days don't have some added sugar) like breads, peanut butter, etc.

When I need a "sweet" snack that is low calories, I go for fruit and honey, sugar free pudding, or fruit preserves on bread.

Choose a reasonable goal: for me, I have set a 10 lb loss limit before I can have ONE (and only ONE) sweet treat. Then start over for the next goal loss.

Stick to your calorie goal: Mine is around 1620.

Stick to your workouts: Find something you enjoy doing and keep at it. I like to workout for a duration of a movie (Trolls :) ). I tend to workout 5-6 days a week. (I eat back some calories IF I'm hungry at the end of the day).

My stats
Height: 5'4"
Heaviest: 343 lbs
Beginning of challenge: 255 lbs
Current weight: 249.5 lbs
Ultimate goal (for now): 175 lbs

Thanks for reading and I hope your weight loss journey goes well.
If you try this, let me know, and I'll cheer you on.

Replies