Spin vs Yoga

Options
On Monday's my choice of class is spin or yoga. Ties and thurs are circuit class, Wednesday kettle bell fusion and Friday is spin. Discuss

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i don't like spin , so i'd pick yoga.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't like yoga so I'd pick spin. :smile:

(That's if I actually liked any classes at all - which I don't.)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Spin one week, yoga the next.

Or what @TavistockToad said. I do yoga sometimes on my running rest days, and might try Spin one day soon. That's if I'm not swimming or walking.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Depends what do you enjoy? Any friends in either class that would make much more fun?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    On Monday's my choice of class is spin or yoga. Ties and thurs are circuit class, Wednesday kettle bell fusion and Friday is spin. Discuss

Is it summer where you are? If so, go ride a bicycle outside rather than take another class. :)

Otherwise, do spin on days you've got energy, and yoga on days when you feel like you need a rest.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Those are vastly different forms of exercise. You're spinning Friday so do yoga Monday. Or do whichever you prefer more. You seem to be just exercising to exercise so it really doesn't matter what you are doing as long as it's enjoyable.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like spinning, yoga just makes me sleepy :3
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I love classes but yoga isn't my thing so I'd spin. It's kind of a super personal preference
  • Javachipgirl
    Javachipgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Unfortunately I do not own a bike and do not enjoy running so I cannot follow those suggestions. I was so tired this morning that I slept and missed both 6am classes. So by default it will be yoga tonight. I go to classes as I found I have made significant progress in building strength and agility vs my own workouts. Please keep your input coming! Have about 75lbs to loose and need help! Thank you!!!
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am a fitness junky but I love yoga. Depending on what kind of yoga it is it can be the hardest workout you do. But - regardless, with your fitness schedule I think yoga would be an amazing balance to stretch out your muscles and challenge your body!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Spin is going to burn a lot more calories and produce more cardio fitness.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I would probably pick spin personally because I prefer PiYo over Yoga. But if you like both, I'd suggest alternating. Spin is a great Monday class because it kicks your week off with a great burn and energetic workout.
  • wolfiemari
    wolfiemari Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yoga, so you can stretch. And stretching is also necessary
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I was so tired this morning that I slept and missed both 6am classes.

I hate everyone and everything at 6am. So I'd pick spin because at least I could justify all the grunting and growling. Plus spin would wake me up. Yoga would put me to sleep at that hour.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yoga because it is good to be flexible as well as strong (as well as have good balance and posture. All things yoga helps). Stretching will also help your body recover from the other things you do during the week. Hell, I'd try to add yoga in somewhere else, as well, or at least do a little on your own throughout the week!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Which would you enjoy more? There's your answer.......
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer walking. And then doing yoga at home. Why? Bc I am middle class poor.
  • Javachipgirl
    Javachipgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Spin is going to burn a lot more calories and produce more cardio fitness.

And by the same token, yoga will help with flexibility (which will benefit the other classes), and possibly be more conducive to stress relief and better sleep (this is a case-by-case). There are a lot of benefits to exercise and the way we prioritize them will vary.

OP, for me, I would do yoga on Mondays because my back and neck feel much better when I get some in. But that's me. We don't know what you're trying to get out of your classes.

I'm using the classes to improve my strength and flexibility. Weight loss will come with diet.