anyone else feel like they stumbled upon a bbw pick up site???

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    What on earth is a bbw?

its a term men use for larger women they find attractive ...it means big beautful woman. i have been referred to as that throughout my adult life (tho not on a fitness site. i am here to change that, but it feels like i'm on a dating site

When I get inappropriate messages, I tell them I'm here to use this as a fitness site (I know, big shocker huh?) Try PoF... it's free and it is a dating site. That usually gets people a little pissed, but gets my point across. And I, too, am a BBW... for now...

yeah. i used pof in my dating years and yep. it's how this feels already. no one has been totally gross yet...lol.... i've already met some nice people, both men and women. i'm recently separated and really am here to get myself back in good health after a long 3 years in what many would consider an abusive marriage. as is the case with most people of any gender mild flirting is fun, but some people don't know where that line is. i'm here to change that bbw status as well. best of luck to you.

Good luck to you too!! I do enjoy coming to Chit Chat to have some fun conversations, some fitness related, some not. But posting here, unfortunately, is where I think most people that message me will find me and just randomly start talking. I'm all for making friends and encouraging people during their journey, but people need to keep their dirty talk to themselves.
  • tracyroush1277
    tracyroush1277 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've not been picked up on yet. I thought my progress photos wearing my winter sweaters and long pants were all kinds of sexy.

yeah. i don't have any progress pics bc i have only lost 4 pounds. i also will likely be sporting some all over body covering when i do post...lol.... my profile pic means something to me, which is why i selected it. it's photo of me waking up after accidentally falling asleep...waking to a flash of light....and that pretty much sums up what brought me here
  • dejberry
    dejberry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am certain women receive many more messages than men on MFP. I would be very liberal about using the block feature if you receive inappropriate messages immediately, or tell them to go to tinder if they are looking for lust on a fitness site.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    dejberry wrote: »
    I am certain women receive many more messages than men on MFP. I would be very liberal about using the block feature if you receive inappropriate messages immediately, or tell them to go to tinder if they are looking for lust on a fitness site.

I won't block everyone. Some people are really just clueless, and they shouldn't be blocked because of their ignorance. Now if they continue to bug me after I told them I'm here for fitness stuff, then I'll block them.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Especially when reading about "BBG".

bbg is a new term for me....is it the bbw equivalent for men?

Nah, it's short for "Bikini Body Guide", an exercise program from someone named Kayla Itsines. I'm often tempted to reply to "BBG" threads by asking if they meant "Big Beautiful Girls". But that would be uncharitable.

You know more about bbg than I do...
  • LisaFrankenstein2017
    LisaFrankenstein2017 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Only been on here four days and I've gotten some interesting messages. Gotta love them internetz
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Women here send me poems and nudes all the time. I understand.
  • TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Love this comment^^^^^
  • PL_SM
    PL_SM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So are you looking or are you not!? Stop sending me mixed signals woman!

Brilliant
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey... Got any progress pics? ;)
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the cauliflower recipes and for people to rate me in the threads.
    giphy.gif
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    I'm just here for the cauliflower recipes and for people to rate me in the threads.
    giphy.gif

Hot chicks like you shouldn't eat cauliflower. It'll shrink your butt.
  • DasItMan542
    DasItMan542 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Alot of these women are fat and unless they're completely hideous, they still get hit on by all these dudes on here sooo....yeah it kinda is one.

Even this guy gets hit on. No one is safe here.

I know right?! It's such a shame.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I got hit on last week and I'm male but I think my photo is what did it(who wouldn't hit on the last defense of humankind?). It was a long and creepy message. Asking for my Skype, email, etc maybe it was a bot or maybe this is real life?
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    hey, skinny girls need love too!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Fair share of SOB's in here too.