Random exercise & strength training

Options
I have always hated to exercise but the older I get (43) the more I realize that I need to do SOMETHING to keep my body in shape. My question is, does it matter if I am doing 'random' exercises each day rather than a set program? For example, I did 3 days of the Jamie Eason Live Fit program, then one day of a beach body program, and today I think I want to do a YouTube kettlebell workout. Will that give me results (tone, muscles) or is it better to follow one program for maximum results?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Quality individualized program>established broad base program>random stuff>nothing

• acarpenter
    acarpenter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ^ Well said, thanks! ^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    acarpenter wrote: »
    I have always hated to exercise but the older I get (43) the more I realize that I need to do SOMETHING to keep my body in shape. My question is, does it matter if I am doing 'random' exercises each day rather than a set program? For example, I did 3 days of the Jamie Eason Live Fit program, then one day of a beach body program, and today I think I want to do a YouTube kettlebell workout. Will that give me results (tone, muscles) or is it better to follow one program for maximum results?

Doing random stuff is better than doing no stuff...it's not going to be as efficient as following some kind of established training protocol that is geared towards more specific fitness goals.