Introducing myself ☺️

Options
My name is Ashley, I recently had looked into Bariatric surgery, actually I was going to the doctor to, met with the surgeon and all. Was approved for it, but decided against it bc it scares me. With that being said, I've been doing a high protein low carb diet since April 17th, I've been logging all my food and exercise for 64 days now. On my own I've lost 22-23lbs as of last Monday. I have never been able to stick to a diet and exercise program before and I honestly believe I have came to a point in my life where I am just done with being overweight and unhappy. I'm extremely happy with my success so far and I have every intention to continue it. I have bumped my exercising up to 5-6 days a week from before I was only doing 2-3 days. By the way ill be turning 30 January and I'm trying to get to a healthier and happier me so I won't be overweight and miserable starting my 30's out lol

Replies

• ahhgrapes1968
    ahhgrapes1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And the bariactric may have helped you lose more quicker but you still would have had to exercise and eat right to be successful. So you are already on your way to a healthy lifestyle! And I wouldn't even call it a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Plus you're setting a great example for your children.
  • MeirBinder
    MeirBinder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley :) it's great you decided to lose the weight in the healthy way. and great job on losing that weight!
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. I enjoy pigeon forge. What a great area
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Keep it up!
  • keriellena
    keriellena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations lady keep it up!!!!