Starting again...for the hundredth time. Addicted to sugar and tacos

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Brittany! 29 year old full time working mama to a 5 year old girl.
I've lost and gained so much weight it's rediculous! Currently at my highest weight ever of 230 lbs. I need to get my butt in gear and break up with my tacos and sugar addiction!

Replies

• xdanikadrake
    xdanikadrake Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tacos will get me every time... Have you tried the lean tacos? Lettuce wrap replaces the shell and ground turkey or grilled chicken instead of beef. You don't have to breakup with tacos, just find a compromise! Good luck, feel free to add me!
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tacos will get me every time... Have you tried the lean tacos? Lettuce wrap replaces the shell and ground turkey or grilled chicken instead of beef. You don't have to breakup with tacos, just find a compromise! Good luck, feel free to add me!

Omg lettuce tacos are soooo good!! I don't miss the shell. You can stuff them with all kinds of healthier options. You got this!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany! Log your food accurately and honestly. Exercise if you want to. Be patient.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You can still have tacos! Just make a couple of healthier ingredient choices and eat less of them:) Good luck!
  • ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I cut sugar out of my diet completely and after two days of intense headaches, I don't crave it like I used to. Sticking to fresh fruits has been more satisfying than it used to be, because the option for chocolate and ice cream just isn't there anymore.
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Coffee addict here, love to be friends
  • mandaleigh22
    mandaleigh22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! Mexican food is my weakness too
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people claim that tacos are high calorie. They are one of my favorite dinners and almost always give me some extra breathing room. Load 'em up with salsa and veggies, use fresh corn tortillas instead of flour, and don't go overboard with cheese and fatty meat.

This... tacos are pretty low cal.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    If I take out enough fattening stuff to make a taco fit in my 1200 cals, I'm basically down to salad in a dinky wrap lol. At that point I'm just gonna eat the salad. Whether it is considered high cal probably depends on what kind of calorie budget that person has. If yr old and short... it's kind of hard. Have to be creative AF at that point.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    If I take out enough fattening stuff to make a taco fit in my 1200 cals, I'm basically down to salad in a dinky wrap lol. At that point I'm just gonna eat the salad. Whether it is considered high cal probably depends on what kind of calorie budget that person has. If yr old and short... it's kind of hard. Have to be creative AF at that point.

That sucks.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If you keep gaining and losing you need to shift your focus from quick changes (as evidenced by your belief that the problem lies in specific foods like sugar and tacos) to how to maintain the weight once you lose it.

Figure out a way to live harmoniously with sugar and tacos and be at the weight you desire. I know you're saying that tongue-in-cheek, but the principle still stands. You need to work on your lifetime relationship with food.

Best to you!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

1200 calories is the pits. Look into grilled tilapia, mahi mahi, or shrimp with a lime juice-chili marinade and a bunch of shredded cabbage; maybe even a little chopped mango, onion and definitely cilantro; stuff as much as you can into a 90 calorie flour tortilla (I have not tried them with corn). THEY ARE THE BEST. I am addicted and inject or smoke them whenever I can.