Drinking your veggies w/o Juicer

Options
Genesyxx
Genesyxx Posts: 13 Member
I'm looking for some good brands for all vegetable or veggie heavy juices as a snack and for nutrition. I know store bought juices aren't the healthiest, but I need something as a fallback. Any suggestions?

Replies

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I just make my own green smoothies so I get the fiber from the veggies.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Low sodium v8. I drink it when I don't have any fruits or veggies for the day. And for some reason it helps me sleep. About 1,100 mg of potassium.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

Smoothies use the whole veggie. Much of the fiber gets strained out of juices.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-green-monster-smoothie/
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You can blend your veggies and strain it. Use a very fine mesh strainer.

Also add lots of lemon juice to make it palatable lol.

An easy veggie juice recipe would be celery, cucumber, a dark leafy green. Blend it with some water, strain, and then squeeze a bunch of lemon juice at the end and stir. Cheap and fresh.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I usually just eat my veg, but when I want to drink them (or just want a smoothie), this is what I do.
  • OliveGirl128
    edited July 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I usually just eat my veg, but when I want to drink them (or just want a smoothie), this is what I do.

Since I've committed to doing that (darn lol) 800g a day or more of veg/fruit for this year, adding a daily green smoothie helps me fit it all in, (I'm actually drinking one right now and I fit 342g of veg/fruit in it). It mixes things up a bit and gives me some variety :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Since I've committed to doing that (darn lol) 800g a day or more of veg/fruit for this year, adding a daily green smoothie helps me fit it all in, (I'm actually drinking one right now and I fit 342g of veg/fruit in it). It mixes things up a bit and gives me some variety :)

I usually go through a stage in the summer where I just want smoothies for breakfast, but I tend to find calories I drink less filling so mostly don't do them at other times. I tend to get 800+ anyway, but not saying this applies to everyone! I think smoothies are great if you enjoy them.
  • OliveGirl128
    Options

I usually go through a stage in the summer where I just want smoothies for breakfast, but I tend to find calories I drink less filling so mostly don't do them at other times. I tend to get 800+ anyway, but not saying this applies to everyone! I think smoothies are great if you enjoy them.

Agree-I use them more as a late morning/afternoon snack and not as a meal replacement. I tried having one for breakfast a few times and it did nothing for me.