I need an intervention

Options
mommy2robert
mommy2robert Posts: 23 Member
I have a box of apple fritters sitting on my desk given by a co-worker. I want one so badly. I already figured out the calories it would be if I ate it. (sad huh) Someone talk me off the ledge ...

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE FRITTERS!! :)

Can you throw them away without offending your coworker?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Put it away where you can't see it. Give it to someone else?
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Eat a quarter of one, it just to be polite to the person who gave you the gift. Then, put them by the coffee station! For God's sake, get those things off your desk!!!!! This is a big calorie bomb! You can do it!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE FRITTERS!! :)

Can you throw them away without offending your coworker?

NOW!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Eat a quarter of one, it just to be polite to the person who gave you the gift. Then, put them by the coffee station! For God's sake, get those things off your desk!!!!! This is a big calorie bomb! You can do it!

I like this idea! You still get to eat some of the yummies, AND you get to share with everyone else. Win-win!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Think of it like this:

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what thet want the MOST for what they want at that MOMENT!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Maybe they licked it before they gave it to you..... :tongue: I would just make that assumption and remove them immediately. LOL!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The fritters are a lie. They are not there.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    First of all, why in the heck did your co-worker give you an entire box of apple fritters?!? Trying to sabotage you? LOL!

I'd put them out for everyone to share... somewhere far away from your desk! :happy:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT! step away from the pastry. Go place it in the breakroom area next to the coffee machine. DON'T DO IT!
  • mommy2robert
    mommy2robert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lol... you guys are great!

I don't need the fritter. I am not hungry. I know I am stronger than this..I am stronger than this!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    First of all, why in the heck did your co-worker give you an entire box of apple fritters?!? Trying to sabotage you? LOL!

I'd put them out for everyone to share... somewhere far away from your desk! :happy:

^ This!
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    mash it between your fingers into the trash. and go for a walk.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    this is abt a lifestyle change not depravation,.......... ALL THINGS IN MODERATION.

no one should have to "talk you off the ledge", have one or half of one, log it, share the rest,workout and move on.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    re-gift them to someone who is skinny and doesn't gain weight from eating all the calories in the world.....we all know at least 1 person like that!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this:

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what thet want the MOST for what they want at that MOMENT!

yep...smaller sooner larger later...
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Step away from the fritter, lol seriously like someone else said have a little piece and share them out. If I resisted half a Snickers today you can do this.
    k1cOK.jpg
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would open them pour water all over them and throw them away...The other day someone brought me office birthday cake, i smiled, said thank you, and waited till they were gone. I took it into the kitchen...poured water all over it and threw it away. You can do this.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    re-gift them to someone who is skinny and doesn't gain weight from eating all the calories in the world.....we all know at least 1 person like that!

My wonderful skinny *kitten* husband!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    k1cOK.jpg
    OMG, I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!1