This time feels different (Is it just me?)

Options
I have been on this weight loss journey for more years than I’d like to count. I’ve dabbled with the cabbage soup diet, Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, the South Beach Diet and the Atkins Diet and each time I lost weight I gained it back soon after. I was beginning to think I was just meant to be this size for the rest of my life but something clicked for me on Tuesday May 31st of this year. It was like a light bulb went off and I had the best ah ha moment ever. I realized that I deserved to live the best life possible as long as God blessed me to be here. I decided to stop playing around with my health and get serious about my weight loss.

I popped the EA Sports Active into the Play Station 3 and I started moving. The next day I did the Four Fast Miles DVD with Leslie Sansone. The next week I discovered the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and it has been my saving grace. A few days later I discovered Zumba and let me tell you the combination of those three workouts have helped me lose 21.6 pounds so far. I have been tracking for 50+ days and the friends I’ve met here are unbelievable. I have never been this excited before to lose weight and this time feels different because of all the great friends I’ve met here. They are really what keep me going every day.

I know that every day will not be easy and there will be days when I will just get tired of trying but I know that slow and steady wins the race. I didn’t gain this weight overnight so I can’t expect to lose it overnight either. I wish you all much success on your weight loss journeys and this time feels different because I know we will all succeed.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Replies

• kage75
    kage75 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well-spoken!!! I have had the exact same light bulb moment! Good luck with everything :)
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I'm in the same place...been trying to lose some baby weight for 3 years now and NOTHING would come off...just added a new pound or two each year. This time, I've MFP and it has really helped me be accountable for all those extra calories I was absent-mindedly consuming each day. And the best motivation were those first couple pounds lost...once you see some progress, it's so much easier to keep going! Keep up the good work!! You are well on your way to reaching your goals!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I feel this way too, it's got to be because we know we are going to do it this time!!! Keep it up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Totally relate! Though I never struggled with weight until after my pregnancy, what I did was live for almost 5 years just thinking this would somehow work itself out. The whole time I knew exactly what I needed to be doing, eating less food, eating healthier food and exercising, I needed to hit a breaking point before I had the real motivation to get started. So enter breaking point, then I got the Prevention Magazine Flat Belly Diet Family cookbook for Christmas, then I read the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst (awesome book about satisfying cravings for food with God), then I was introduced to MFP and life hasn't been the same since! When I signed up for MFP I prayed to God that I didn't know how to do this on my own and that I needed his help, and that has made all the difference! You can add me as a friend if you'd like! Blessings!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    YES!!!

I felt exactly the same way... the "this is the body I'm meant to have" belief. In fact, I wasn't even trying to lose weight at first. It was just about getting more active, strong and fit. Then I got on the scale and said, "Uh-oh. When did that happen?!" :laugh:

Every time, and I mean EVERY time, I tried to lose weight, I did it wrong and ate too little. Then I'd feel like crap, get frustrated by the lack of progress, and quit, because I thought the only way to lose more would be to eat less.

THIS TIME, I'm eating enough for once, possibly more than I did when I was gaining weight, but it's the right food and I exercise like a fiend, and feel wonderful. Never deprived, never hungry, never crappy.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not just you! I am SO grateful to God for this site and all of the people I've met here. I think this is what has helped me stay on task. Like you, I've done so many diets, all kinds of pills, exercise contraptions, bought dvds only to have them sit on the shelf...but THIS time, I'm sticking to it! I'm excited about what I'm going to look and feel like when I reach my goal weight!

You've done such a great job and I'm so glad we're on this journey together!! :smile:
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    Its me too big time!!!!! With the help of this site and my pals I know that I will make it to my goal. I'm tired of starting this weight loss trip and then I just do a u turn back. Well that's not happening any longer. I got to do this, I will do this. I got all of you and God on my side!!!! So I can not fail!!!!!!!! DOING ME IS LOVING ME ENOUGH TO FINISH THIS JOURNEY
  • babycakes311
    babycakes311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. It seem like I have tried almost everything also. But this time it feels different. And I know it has to be the wonderful support from real people who completly understand. I love this site. I amaze myself that I take time out to log and post. I am no longer ashamed or in hiding of trying to lose weight. Thanks for reminding me that slow and steady wins the race and that slow and steady keeps the weight off. LOVE to my MFP fam!!
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    As you can see, you're not alone. This time IS different. I have learned the journey is about more than passing up that extra serving of whatever - it's a mind, body, and soul transformation. I'm so glad to have met you and all of my other MFPs who keep me motivated. Can't wait to see the end result! We are worth it.