It's a mind thing ???

Options
!! HOw di you stay in a positive mindset ? I find I do good but then I let a negative emotional day take over ? If I'm feeling fat or ugly I just give up and sabotage myself

Replies

• Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Fivefootcaloriecounter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of stressful days recently, so this is fresh in mind. For me, when low moments arrive I try to reach for non-food comforts - a hot shower, a quiet walk, or sometimes just going to bed early help me to hit the reset button without sabotaging my day.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Dont let one bad day ruin your progress and goals. Everyone has bad days now and then, just log them and move on. Consistency is how you get to your goal, not perfection.

When you find yourself getting into that sabotage mindset, Get away from the food, if its certain snacks, dont buy those snacks if they trigger the feeling. Do whatever you can to limit that day and start again the next day back on plan. if its a craving for a certain food, plan that food into your daily goals.

Dont beat yourself up for being human.

Exactly
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I usually workout harder to release all the negative thoughts and usually feel wonderful after. So I release all the stress and burn some calories as a bonus.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I like to watch inspirational videos on YouTube when I'm feeling weak, defeated or hopeless. It's okay to feel that way because after all you're only human. Roll with the punches. When you feel like giving up, remember why you started.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Most everyone has those negative days. It's how you respond to them that determines your success.

You know they will happen occasionally so have a plan ahead of time. Good suggestions for that have already been given, but never give up. That just wastes all your good days, which far outweigh the bad.
  • briana_aka_bunny
    briana_aka_bunny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Find another outlet. I find that even after 10 mins on the treadmill my mood improves.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling stressed or whatever, I exercise. Eating isn't going to solve anything ... exercise may not either, but at least with exercise, I usually feel a lot better and feel like I've accomplished something.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    gerla_k wrote: »
    When I'm stressed I usually workout harder to release all the negative thoughts and usually feel wonderful after. So I release all the stress and burn some calories as a bonus.

This exactly. I've been going through a stressful time lately also and even when I don't want to work out and am sitting around feeling lousy, I force myself to work out anyway. It never fails to cheer me up. I just have to remind myself that when I don't want to work out.