Las vegas

Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
I'm going on vacation to Las Vegas in sept I'm hoping someone can give me low calorie options to eat while I'm there

Replies

• julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Are you going to be able to go off the strip? Where are you staying?
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    There is a Chipotle on the strip.
    I was with husband and I carried protein bars and fiber one bars with me. We refused to pay $24 for a buffet.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to eat whatever you want in Vegas. There are so many options that it's never hard to find something that fits into your desired diet.

Personally, when we go, we do a lot of sushi places as well as our favourite Mexican place, Javiers in the Aria. We like the buffet at the Wynn as well.)

All you have to do is make the right choices. Pick meals with lean protein and vegetables, lay off the deep-fried options, be conscious of your beverages as well, etc etc. Vegas has pretty much every cuisine imaginable within like 2 miles, so it's one of the easiest places I know to eat really well without overdoing it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A summer time tip: Have a container that you can put on your shoulder (like a purse) to carry water. Something you can put a lot of ice in and water.
    I drank so much water, I had to sneak into a hotel and use the ice machine and buy a thing of water. Take a small umbrella if you think you will walk in the sun in July or August.
    Don't give money to the beggars. They are rich and working the stupid crowd. There are no buses that take you to the strip/hotels from airport. Pretty interesting how the city is keeping the taxi business alive. Oh, and water is $4 a bottle !!!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about doing anything in excess (eating, spending, etc.), Vegas is probably not the optimal destination.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Meh - why? If it's only a week or a few days why worry about it? How many times in your life do you get to go on vacation? Just get back to it as soon as you come back to real life. How much can you possibly gain in one week? One miserable pound? Big deal. Life is too short!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options
    I love Vegas.

I say don't worry about food. You're only going for a few days (right?) and you'll be doing so much walking it won't make a bit of difference.

+1 for the Wynn buffet. Also, make a reservation at a good restaurant for one night. There are world-class chefs and restaurants in Vegas, enjoy the opportunity.

I usually eat a late, light breakfast and then a feast around 3-4PM. Then maybe a snack before bed. It always works out, even if you are up a couple pounds, it is often from the heat and the flying, both of which cause water retention.

I don't take my "diet" to Vegas. Or on any vacay.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Vegas and stayed at the Venetian. I would share dishes. The food is amazing - I didn't want to miss out. You also walk a lot. I averaged 15,000 - 20,000 steps a day even though I was in a conference all day.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's a vacation..it's Vegas ..if u so uptight about food intake for a few days then maybe don't go
  • BhangraPrince
    Options
    We refused to pay $24 for a buffet.

That doesn't seem unreasonable at all. Going out to dinner at a mid range should set up back $24 and you would be limited in your food choices but not so much with a buffet spread
  • BhangraPrince
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    I'm going on vacation to Las Vegas in sept I'm hoping someone can give me low calorie options to eat while I'm there

It's a vacation ..it's Vegas ..R-E-L-A-X and enjoy yourself. U gain a pound or 5 big freaking deal. U really can't be that anal can you?
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love Vegas! If you have been weighing and measuring you probably have a good idea of what is a reasonable portion. Many restaurant meals are huge - you can always share an entree with someone or try appetizers or tapas. Julian Serrano at Aria has great tapas - high quality, small portions. And you'll walk a ton in Vegas so you should burn a few calories. The one thing I can say for sure is avoid Hash House a Go Go - I think every meal there must be 10,000 calories (but oh so delicious!)

Enjoy your trip!!
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Subway veggie delights and split meals or order apps. You will seriously walk a million miles too! Vodka and soda...my go to beverage. We had cab driver stop at 7-11 and bought a case of water. It's $5 a bottle in the fancy strip hotels.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    Staying at the bellagio and no probably won't leave the strip but don't wanna come home with more weight

That's so cool that you get to stay at Bellagio:-) The Bellagio Garden Cafe has some lighter options (request a table with a garden view!). You may want to see if the spa at Bellagio has a cafe that you can use without purchasing a service. The Nordstrom in the Fashion Show Mall has a cafe that offers reasonably priced healthy fare.

Most of the healthy restaurants in LV are off the strip. Here are the ones I enjoy when I go home if you decide to venture off the Strip:

LYFE Kitchen
    Skinny Fats
    Greens and Protein
    Go Raw Cafe (I'm not a vegan, but if I could eat there everyday they may convert me)