Vegans who eat SOS free

Options
SOS Free is a diet that has no or low sugar, oil, and salt I'm thinking of giving it a try. Anyone else have any tips? :#

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'd start with some recipes from youtube channels like high carb hannah or potatostrong (or other similar sources).
  • rebeccabyrnes11
    rebeccabyrnes11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I watch high carb Hannah and I bought her book lean and clean but she doesn't have the portion and calories counted out
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think that would be to hard for me personally but I know it worked well for high carb Hannah. I just can't do low sugar because I love fruit in the morning but I kind of already do very little oil or salt.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious what exactly are you are capable of eating on this diet? Most animal products are out. Vegan food in general is higher in sugars from fruits and oils from nuts and higher fat vegetables like avacado.

I will stick to my method of "prioritize protein, fruit, and veggies" and opt for quantity control.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious what exactly are you are capable of eating on this diet? Most animal products are out. Vegan food in general is higher in sugars from fruits and oils from nuts and higher fat vegetables like avacado.

I will stick to my method of "prioritize protein, fruit, and veggies" and opt for quantity control.

When people talk about an oil-free diet, that doesn't necessarily mean eliminating high fat foods. Many people who are oil-free eat foods like nuts and avocado -- it's just oils extracted from higher fat foods that they avoid.

Doing no sugar on a vegan diet would be virtually impossible, but I have a feeling that OP might be referring to added sugars and is still planning on eating sugar.