Anyone else stopped counting calories on the app?

Options
It was too bothersome. Its probably a week, maybr longer, that i havnt counted calories in the app.

I just count calories in my head. Much easier. Probably easier to overeat, but you can get better at counting caloroes.

Replies

• nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Why do you count calories? Just curious
  • Chessbear
    Chessbear Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well I also weigh my food on a food scale. I think that reduces the chance of overeating.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging lately because I have some other medical issues I need to focus on. I am definitely not losing any weight because of it, which is okay because I am not supposed to right now. But I might need to change to tracking again at maintenance calories before I gain too much weight!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yes.

But only because I didn't like the interface here. I log and track calories - and this time around macros as well - on a different app.

:)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have stopped, but only partly because it was "bothersome". The main reason was that I had stopped overeating, and learnt to eat appropriately for my needs.

If you just don't want to stop overeating, that's okay. You don't need an excuse. MFP is easy to use if you want to eat less, but very hard if you don't want to change your eating habits.
  • flowerchild33
    flowerchild33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am more concerned with macro- and micronutrients than calories, although I do try to watch those. As a borderline diabetic with mild coronary artery disease, I am concerned about fat, carbs, and sodium. I don't want these chronic diseases to get worse. So there are definitely other considerations than calories. In fact, if you read current research, the old calories in/calories expended equation is far too simplistic. The human body is a lot more complex than that. Still, keeping track of some aspect of your food intake is important, whether it's fat, carbs, or calories. If you're estimating, chances are you're being a little generous with your portions. Or at least, that has been my experience. YMMV
  • Nappingcat97
    Nappingcat97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go through logging/not logging periods. It's very easy to tell which are which when I look at my graph. Fact is, logging is what clued me into what I was doing to myself 3 years ago. Logging is a great tool to keep you in check. For example, during a no-go stretch I started a daily triple triple coffee habit. When I started logging again I went to double double....but guess what? They're almost the same. So I broke the daily habit (again!) And I'm back on track.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Many times and I've gained a majority of that weight back. The only weight I've kept off is the first 15 pounds I lost around three years ago. Since then I've list the same additional 15 pounds repeatedly.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I keep track still because I don't want to yo yo back up again like the OP...

I prefer to be an expert at logging and maintaining as opposed to losing the same weight repeatedly.

I was that person for a long time but since I made the decision to log here no more of that for me...perhaps that is what you need to look at...

why you have to lose the 80-100 lbs again...x2.