Morbid on Warrior Diet

Options
ksmekate41
ksmekate41 Posts: 20 Member
Hello Everyone!

I just found out about the Warrior Diet and am on Day 2. As my heading suggests, I am morbidly obese, but only a few lbs from moving down to the "severe" category. I eat pretty unhealthily in general, but I'd like to experiment with eating that way to just 4 hours a day to see if I can still lose weight. I realize I shouldn't do that, but it's hard to fight a lifetime of emotional eating. So on Day 1 I had a 3 piece chicken platter at Popeye's Chicken, about 10 Oreo's, a KK apple pie, and most of a Caramello bar. I know. Pretty sick. I will say that I normally don't eat that much junk food, but I felt like I had to overdo it since I only get a 4 hr window to eat. I still think this is going to improve my insulin sensitivity and help me to lose weight. I felt incredibly uncomfortable for hours after doing that, and woke up around 3:30 am. I did fall back asleep until about 10:30 am and felt exhausted all day. I still lost 2.1 lbs, but I would be surprised if I can keep losing based on that kind of eating. My strategy is to just eat whatever I want for the 4 hour period and not exercise. Well, maybe I'll walk my dog and do exercises in the pool, but that's it.

Replies

• alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi dear~

My suggestion is to see a doctor/therapist if you are in a emotional eating/morbid obesity situation. I believe that speaking to someone can help you over come the feelings of the comfort that food has for you. You really should stick to the calories that MFP gives you, and pace yourself throughout the day with those calories. There is low calorie 'snack' foods you can get, such as sugar free reeces cups (my favorite) that can help through cravings, but do not eat the whole bag! (I have before..lol)

You will feel tired because of the sugar withdraw, which should only last a few days! Please don't give up.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You lose weight just like everybody else, by consistently eating less than you burn. Exercise is good for you, if you don't hurt yourself, but it will only add slightly to your calorie deficit. But if you want to lose weight, you need to get your head and your eating habits sorted out:

You will need a dramatic change in both areas, but going from one extreme to another, is not going to work. You need to be kinder and stricter with yourself at the same time. You need to calm down. You need to get in better sleeping habits. You need to be more patient. You have to feed yourself properly, regularly and reliably. Get in enough food, but not too much. Eat a variety of foods you like, every day, at regular intervals through the day. Find other outlets for emotions. Stop buying so much junk food, start buying more real food. Learn to cook. Stop reading nonsense, fearmongering and sensational articles. Stop fighting yourself.

If you aren't already, talking to a professional might be a good idea.
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely. I understand how difficult it can be to change a lifetime of habits, but rather than allowing those 4 hours to wreck your progress, why don't you try tracking your treat foods? I'm sure you could work some of those into your daily calories in a healthy way. It may be worth 'tracking' a typical day before you decided to change, to see just how many calories you were previously consuming. If you were consuming 5000+ per day, for example, I think it would be unreasonable to ask you to cut down to 1600 straight away. However, you could cut down to maybe 4000, which would still give you a deficit of 1000 a day, and allow you to keep some treats for now.

I wouldn't worry about exercise just yet, unless it is just gentle as you suggest. I think it may be best to concentrate on your food habits before you start earning extra calories and eating them back.

Remember that this is a slow process. You didn't gain the weight overnight, nor will you lose it overnight. Losing weight requires a lifestyle change so please don't be afraid to seek help.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What will happen if one day you decide to eat 30 minutes earlier, then 30 more minutes, then 30 minutes later, then something comes up and you're invited to dinner, or you're getting together for brunch? You will end up eating just as much as you used to eat if not more, except within a smaller window. You don't usually eat as much junk food, so on top of gaining weight you will have picked up the habit of eating a lot of junk food. You have a lot of weight to lose and you need to come up with a plan that you can see yourself still doing a couple of years from now, something that is relatively easy and gradual that even if you backtrack on certain habits for a while you would still have other habits firmly in place mitigating the damage.

I know because I was exactly where you are at some point needing to lose a lot and overwhelmed by the sheer time needed to achieve it, and know for a fact there is no way in hell to be perfect all the time, so if you rely on one single trick (eating within 4 hours) and that trick fails you one day you won't have something to fall back on. For us heavier folks there needs to be a lot of mental reframing and attacking weight gain culprits from several angles, and yes that includes activity level. You have no idea how much easier it is to manage weight with sustainable higher activity level. Eating within certain hours is a useful tool if you feel you're doing well with it, but it's just one tool. You need a whole arsenal of tools to make this work. Consider slowly adding other habits and tweaking things to the better as you diet.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    People that do one meal a day generally plan ahead and have a large nutritional meal in their sights. Put that one down to experience and think ahead.