Bride-to-Be

Options
Hey everyone. I'm a bride-to-be and I'm getting married next year. I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by then. I'm on a 1400 calorie plan and I've indefinitely cut out dairy, wheat, and sugar. I'm doing a good job sticking to it, though in my first week I did allow myself a small spoon of sour cream and a slice of birthday cake. I think allowing small, intentional exceptions now and then will prevent me from resenting my diet choices.

In my first week I have lost 5 lbs, and that is because I'm mainly eating fruits and vegetables and drinking a lot more water than I have before. I'm expecting that my progress will slow down in the next week or so and that's when I'll really need encouragement and discipline.

A mini-goal of mine is to get down to 145 by the end of August, because I'll be performing in a play and I want to look as good as possible on stage!

My next goal is to get down to 140 by the end of September so I can fit into my mom's wedding dress.

Nice to meet you all!
--A

Replies

• Elou26x
    Elou26x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh its nice to see another bride to be
  • andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both brides all brides look amazing
  • ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Elou26x wrote: »
    Oh its nice to see another bride to be

When is your wedding?
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have an upcoming wedding as well! I'm 5'2 and currently 126 lbs. My goal is to look more lean.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My wedding is 9/30/17 so Just under 11 weeks away >_< I'm hoping to lose weight but really tone up too. I started working out again a few weeks ago and haven't seen much improvement :( anyone want to start a bride to be group/challenge?
  • Asharp0414
    Asharp0414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another Bride-To-Be here. :) I'm getting married next April, and would like to lose about 15lbs, or more. I've always worked out, but I think I need a bit of a diet overhaul, and I'm having trouble sticking to anything. What kind of exercises have you guys been doing, or are you only making diet changes?
  • 8thdwarf
    8thdwarf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another bride to be here. Getting hitched in November. I'm aiming to lose about 17lbs / 9kg by then but more than that I just want a more tucked tummy and less flabby arms so I don't hate the pics and feel super self conscious and yucky on the day
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Join me over in the challenges group, I created a challenge for anyone prepping for a wedding.
    "Wedding Ready 2017!"
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10578697/wedding-ready-2017/p1?new=1
  • teresacitizen3655
    teresacitizen3655 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a bride to be. Im getin married next year
  • andi545
    Options
    Aww my daughter is getting married in may on nissi beach bet you are excited do you have your dress
  • ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to fit into my mom's dress because it is so beautiful and meaningful. :)
  • andi545
    Options
    That's lovely good luck