Beachbody?

Options
I've Been thinking about starting the beachbody and shakeology programs. A friend lent me the insanity videos a couple years ago and it kicked my *kitten*! Was wondering if anyone else was following the program and how they were liking the results. Worth it?

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing second round of Insanity Max 30. Also finished t25 back in March.
  • tg16nullity
    tg16nullity Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Isn't Beachbody an MLM program?
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Isn't Beachbody an MLM program?

Beachbody coaches are MLM , Beachbody programs are just regular workout dvds.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The workouts are awesome, if a bit overpriced. Skip the Shakeology, it's a poor quality protein powder with a lot of scam-woo supplements supposedly added but they won't let an independent lab verify that.

I've done Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, T25, and 21 Day Fix. I think the next one when I have some disposable income will be P90X3 :).
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love the workout dvds. I own t25 and Piyo. They may be expensive but IMO, cheaper than a gym so it's all relative. I like working out at home so it works for me!
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered T25 and insanity second hand from cex UK as I couldn't afford the full price. Can't wait to get started!
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    I got body beast. Really liked it. Hated the constant upsale on the shakeology garbage.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like the programs. The instructors are fun to follow, and they kick my *kitten*. I still love P90X abs over all the other ab routines I've tried. Insanity was nice, but I felt it was too sports and cardio based for my liking, but I would like to give it another try. Body Beast made me feel like a *kitten* in the gym, because I was always lifting light dumbbells in order to actually complete the work outs. lol

I just torrent them for free
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I really like the programs but Shakeology isn't necessary unless you really enjoy it as a meal replacement and can afford it.
  • nilsatorres46
    nilsatorres46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to take the shakes but they became too expensive. I own a couple of the workouts. I moved to upstate NY and left them in Florida so now I do the Beachbody on Demand, that way I have them all there and pick the one I want. I just started doing it last week and just do portion control on my eating and have lost 6lbs so far.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love their programs. And you can't beat the price...$99 a year to stream all of their programs...including any new ones that come out.

I actually like the taste of Shakeology, but I can't justify the cost. I've switched to a cheaper alternative and am happy with it.

I think the most beneficial part for me has been the group motivation. Some coaches let you into their groups if you are doing the programs. Some require you to be drinking Shakeology to participate.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Shakeology made me eat more because I figured out I can't get my meals through a shake. It made me hungrier and crave real food. That was just my experience. They also aren't that pleasant tasting unless you add in fruits and other ingredients.

Beachbody on Demand is my jam though. I do still own most of them on dvd because wifi issues and buffering. They have made major improvements with the buffering and I stream them through my roku. I've done Body Beast, Insanity, IM 30, 21 day fix, etc and I just started Shift Shop yesterday. My second complaint is how they would look down on me for also having a gym membership..to that I say, to each their own.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts. I have the Beachbody on Demand annual pass and can stream all of the workouts. I'm currently doing Country Heat in addition to my zumba classes at the gym. I thought about Shakeology but $130 for a 30 day supply is insane.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sign up for the Team BeachBody email list. Periodically they will have 50% off sales on DVD sets of older programs (usually around holidays; I'd expect the next one around Labor Day in the US). I got Insanity for pretty cheap that way. Have paid full price for other programs. But, I use them a lot so they are worth it.

But yeah, I have never bought any of their vitamins/supplements/shakes/etc. I am stuck on a liquid diet right now because of some complications from oral surgery last week and honestly, it stinks. I much prefer eating real food.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Sign up for the Team BeachBody email list. Periodically they will have 50% off sales on DVD sets of older programs (usually around holidays; I'd expect the next one around Labor Day in the US). I got Insanity for pretty cheap that way. Have paid full price for other programs. But, I use them a lot so they are worth it.

But yeah, I have never bought any of their vitamins/supplements/shakes/etc. I am stuck on a liquid diet right now because of some complications from oral surgery last week and honestly, it stinks. I much prefer eating real food.

I love liquid diets. haha. Smoothies all the way. So easy to make a 1300 calorie smoothie and take it with me so I can eat it on the go or at work.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I did Shakeology for a good while (friend and his wife tried the coach thing) and I'll echo the sentiments of others that the quality and the amount of protein isn't great and the value is terrible. I like the convenience of a shake for breakfast though so I swapped it for Impact Whey from MyProtein. Protein content, taste, and value are much improved. My friend (the coach) also had me look at the ingredients of their supplement line and I think the same holds true that they are way way overpriced, even with a coach discount.

Regarding the workouts it all depends on what you like. I did P90X workouts (didn't follow the program, made my own order of things I liked that fit my schedule better) for about six months when i was first doing MFP and liked them well enough. Tried P90X3 at the behest of my coach-friend and thought they were gimmicky. I've heard my buddy talk about a so-called Ultimate Beachbody program some guy came up with that borrows from different programs (Insanity for cardio, PiYo for yoga, P90X for strength, etc.) which sounded like an interesting thought but never pursued it. Might be worth a google and trying to find torrents or borrow from a friend/library to rip the files you need.
  • tanya10166
    tanya10166 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've done T 25, Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire with some success as far as weight loss goes. My best at home workout program wasn't beachbody,but a program call GSP's Rush fit! It changed my body. Its got the plyo and martial arts component making it really cool. Its also a little cheaper, doesn' t upsell with supplements just provides a real food nutrition guide. Lol shakeology is yummy though, but yeah probably not worth it nutritionally.