The right food

Options
Ok I'm new at all of this and normally don't like asking for to much help but I'm tired of looking and feeling like poop. I'm not a person that likes many fruits and even less vegetables. I am looking for help to find a direction I can go in with some healthier foods.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like within the calorie limits this website gave you.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you think that the food you eat is making you feel like 'poop', please set your diary to public so that we can see it. As this is your first post, I will also ask that you accurately and truthfully log all the food you eat. The way you ask your question makes it very difficult for anyone to say anything helpful. Have you consulted a medical professional about this condition you describe?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like within the calorie limits this website gave you.

Adding on to this, take time to notice how different types of meals make you feel. If you feel terrible after eating something, try eating less of it (or even not eating it). If you feel great after eating something, make a note to try more meals like that or eating it more often. As you continue logging your meals, you'll notice trends if you pay attention.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    eat nuts, cheeses, lean meats, whatever fruits and veggies you do like mostly, and then fill in with other stuff and stay within your calorie limit.
  • red341
    red341 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will set it to public and start putting everything thing in, as of right now there is nothing there. I'm just looking for advice on different foods since I do not eat vegetables.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    red341 wrote: »
    I will set it to public and start putting everything thing in, as of right now there is nothing there. I'm just looking for advice on different foods since I do not eat vegetables.

What we're trying to tell you is there is no "magic" foods. What do you like to eat? Is there a way to tweak those foods to make them a bit healthier? If yes, do that.

If you don't like veggies, don't eat them. If you're willing to be adventurous, try new veggies you've never had. Many people don't like veggies because of the way they were served when they were kids. Try roasting them, or throwing them on the grill. Put spinach in a morning smoothie. I have never done this, but people swear you can't even taste it.
  • MJ2victory
    MJ2victory Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love dips so I like to do things like sugar snap peas with hummus or celery with guacamole so I can get some nice satiating fat while also getting some vitamin-rich veggies. Also just throwing some frozen veggies in with whatever I'm making. Having different fun kinds of fruits as snacks too; trader joe's has a lot of weird hybrids that are fun.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    In terms of fruits and veggies, there are lots and lots of options. I try and get the stuff that I like which requires the least amount of prep: berries, cherries, baby carrots, snap peas, clementines, or pre-cut stuff from the deli. A while ago I read one of Michael Pollan's books where he recommended eating around the outside of the grocery store (produce, deli, dairy, bakery, butcher - basically just staying away from packaged and frozen highly-processed foods). Figure out what you like and can stick with. And I echo the suggestion to talk to a doctor if you can.
  • jessicafordy9
    jessicafordy9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am usually the same but have recently found a few healthy recipes that are actually along to eat. Cous cous herb and lemon salad, a "breakfast" salad (chopped bacon, boiled egg, lettuce and chopped fresh tomatoes with a passata based dressing). I think it's all about how you cook and prepare things as to how much you like them, look at a variety of recipes to see what you may want to try.