Roasted squash and zuccini

Options
Cut up 2 squash and 2 zuccini

Place in one layer on a tin foil covered cookie sheet

Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil...or I like to use the spray I can't believe it's not butter

season with sea salt, pepper, oregano, and any other spice you wish (if serving seafood I would suggest Bay spices)

put in pre-heated (375 degree) oven for 25-30 minutes depending on how thinly sliced the veggies are and then serve...

*You can use this with a variety of veggies...generally peppers and the squash family take about the same amount of time...egg plant is a little longer

great side item to serve with lean meats and fish! Enjoy!

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I was cooking zucchini and squash this week. I put some rosemary and thyme on it, plus the drizzle of olive oil. These veggies are incredibly tasty! You can also add in tomato or mushroom or onion. One of my faves is zucchini and onion. I don't really like onions on their own, but because the zucchini can also take a long time to cook, the onions get sweet.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I grilled some in you George Foreman grill. It was yummy!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...I do this with a lot of veggies (I use 350 degrees) - asparagus (12 minutes in oven), brussel sprouts cut in half, purple or red potatoes. I hadn't done squash other than zucchini. Great idea! Yum! I put the in a gallon ziplock add the oil and seasoning then shake. Keep ziplock in the vegetable drawer for the next time you roast.
  • erinnmcpherson
    Options
    I usually heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan on medium high, and put the cut squash and zuchinni in, and season with salt & peper, garlic and onion, OR with Ms. Dash garlic & herb seasing. YUM. quick, fast, and easy clean up... love it. I'll try the oven technique too :)