Hi. Mom Of three here

Options
My name is kaitlyn I'm 5ft 3inches tall and weigh 157 and feel like I have been dieting my whole life that's actually good considering 5 years ago after having my daughter I was 225.i have always been a curvy girl and I'm fine with that but Almost a year ago I put on 20 pounds like over night from having my gallbladder removed and have tried paleo and starvation diets lol. Finally last week I gave in and went to executive medical weight loss clinic and when I started I was 166 now 157 thanks to b12, phentramine and lipo-B pills. Just looking to chat with someone and help support one another through this journey . I could always use a work out partner if anyone is interested I live in San Marcos C.A .

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having success. Have you ever used a food scale?
  • bamakaitlyn
    bamakaitlyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have but i get grossed out putting raw meat on it lol
  • bamakaitlyn
    bamakaitlyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel my big issue is i need to work out and tone up i eat so healthy and I don't drink.
  • marvelfanatic903
    marvelfanatic903 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried CrossFit you do plenty of toning up in the classes
  • Allison_Brennan
    Allison_Brennan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Put a paper towel down on the food scale before you put the raw meat on.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have but i get grossed out putting raw meat on it lol

Here is how I handle raw meat. My equipment are 1) zipper bags. I use zipper sandwich bags to break apart market trays of meat into individual pieces for the freezer. 2) Sharpie marker. I mark the weight of the meat and a brief description of the meat on the bag. For instance, PLCC is Pork Loin Center Cut. 3) scale. the scale never touches the raw meat.

First I weigh one of the zipper bags. The Great Value brand of sandwich zipper bags are 3 grams, the quart bags are 5 grams. Been there, done that.

I place the tray of meat on the counter, removing the plastic cover. I take a zipper bag, turn it inside out, use it as a glove, grab a piece of meat. I hold the meat while pulling the bag back outside-out so that the meat is inside the bag, then I zip it closed and put the clean bag on the scale. I read the scale, subtract 3 or 5, write on the bag, set it aside, and get another bag.

The last remaining piece in the tray is the one I intend to cook. I put the market tray with one last piece of meat on the scale and press "tare". I remove the meat and put it in the skillet. The scale displays the weight of the empty tray as a negative number. That, ignoring the minus sign, is the weight of the meat. It's all easy.

I almost always buy thin cuts of meat. To cook these, I just put the frozen meat on the skillet and it thaws and cooks. For cuts of meat and chicken more than 1/2" thick, I thaw them in the microwave after removing them from the bag.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I do not have a scale either. I don't want to obsess over that as I used to have ED. Its enough work just logging my food and getting a general measurement. I'm sure scales will do wonders, but some people just don't want to.