Lost weight, gained it back, starting over!!!

Options
Hi there! I'm not totally new to MFP but I'm trying to get motivated again. I recently got a fitbit so I've been tracking my steps. I have hyperthyroidism and have to be cautious with my workout and diet. I first found out about the disease last year when I was diagnosed. It took me from losing 40 pounds and feeling like my best self to gaining it all back (and more) once I was diagnosed. Anxiety and depression play a huge part in hyperthyroidism, and I lacked the motivation I used to have. I'm not looking for pity, I'm looking for a community that can better me. I would love to make some friends and share stories. I need some motivation and inspiration. I went back to the gym for the first time in months and felt super good about myself. I read somewhere that it's important to not only do cardio for weight loss, but also lift some. I need to find balance and joy in my life again. I need to get things in gear. If you have any suggestions or can relate, I would be grateful to talk! Good luck in all your adventures and journey :)

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Happy to help if you would like to add me
  • bryantdelangel
    bryantdelangel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new to MFP but I do workout a lot and love being in "shape".
    One thing I really recommend, is to snack every 2-3 hours or so. Drink a glass of water in between. Basically keeping your metabolism running. If your going to work out, I don't like boiled eggs but I do love scrambled eggs have a small portion before hitting the gym. I also consume pre-workout (C4 brand) some people prefer to stay away with it more of a personal preference. You do sweat a lot and concentrate. When running or doing cardio REMEMBER it's always better to push your self instead of a steady pace. For example when I run I push myself for 1 minute fast as I can and walk for 1:30-2 minutes. Heart pumping is the goal! Yes do strength training that could be legs arms you name it. You can prefer to do strength workouts before cardio conserve some energy then run it off with some cardio at the end. I never realized how important depression and a breakfast is worth but make sure you try to live your live as happy as you can believe it or not depression does have an effect in your body goals that can go from fat retention etc. Early in the morning smile as hard as you can you can do this under the sheets or so, smile hard force yourself then relax... you'll notice your cheek muscles somewhat pull back on you to a smiling position nice way to start the day!
  • housleyashley422
    housleyashley422 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me 2 been there over and over need a change add me for support
  • mikahdabbs
    mikahdabbs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here! Lost 20 pounds a few years ago gained it back and started trying again last May. I've lost 17 pounds so far. It's coming off slower than I'd like it too but the key is to do some cardio and throw in some lifting also. Start out with just what you can do. Lifting lighter weights and doing light cardio is better than nothing! You can do it!