NSV

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
About 2-3 months ago, I bought a dress in a size 6. It pulled a little on my hips and a lot on my chest, but it was cute and my boyfriend insisted it wasn't to tight. (Note to other ladies w/ boyfriends/husbands -- Do not believe them. They lie about these things.) I wore it once, decided it was too small, and, sadly, put it away, supposedly never to be heard from again.

Until this morning. We are in desperate need of doing laundry, so I didn't have many options or time to dawdle after sleeping in past my alarm this morning. I grabbed the dress and, forgetting it had a back zipper ... I SLIPPED IT ON OVER MY HEAD, FULLY ZIPPED.

After the dress was on, I paused, realizing what had just happened. I looked down. Wiggled around. CIrcled my arms, tried a couple experimental squats. The dress didn't pull, wrinkle, ride up, or burst into flames. It fit.

I started this journey at a 14/16 dress size. I'm not ready to throw out my 8s, but I think it's time to call it quits on the 10s. Because today the size 6 dress slipped on, zipped.

Replies

• dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm sure that was a great feeling!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You've been working very hard! What a nice NSV.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    WTG!
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eeeeek!!!! So excited for you!!!!! I am not ready to throw out my 10's, but not quite ready to toss on a 6 yet (And I started as a size 18, I can't WAIT to be a SIX)
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    ooo exciting & well done
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!! Good For you!!! That feels so great doesnt it!!!?
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hahahh burst into flames
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    That is fantastic! I bet that was an amazing moment!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Aw man, you're a rock star! I laughed at "burst into flames" :tongue:
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Epic!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL So glad it didn't burst into flames! :happy: That is so awesome! I have a little black dress that I am using as a guide, by my friends wedding, I will be wearing it to the rehearsel dinner! :-) Or... maybe I will have to go find another one because thie one will be too BIG!! :-)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    That is a fabulous NSV!!! Size 6?? you mean shoe?? Shoot I dont recall a size 6 other than a shoe lol Congrats on your NSV!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! that's great! I can't wait for that to happen to me!! :smile:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It feels pretty great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!