arctic zero ice cream?

Options
anyone tired the arctic zero ice cream? read about it on yahoo today... are they any good!?! if so what flavors

Replies

• karaeb621
    karaeb621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    here is their website. everything looks so good :)
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Interesting that in my area only Whole Foods, Sprouts and Sunflower stores carry this. They are all "health oriented" grocery stores. None close to me but I may have to make the drive to find some.
  • xalligator
    xalligator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero coffee-flavored is pretty much the only ice cream I can eat. I love it, but it's too expensive for me to eat frequently. It's also definitely not sweet or creamy enough to be considered an adequate replacement for regular ice cream.

The consistency of Artic Zero is more watery and it freezes nearly solid at a lower temp than regular ice cream, so it's more like eating a milky popsicle with a spoon.
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    I've had the coffee, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, strawberry, and vanilla maple. The vanilla maple was the sweetest, the strawberry the most icecream-like. If you're looking for an icecream replacement, those are the two I would recommend.

The coffee isn't very sweet, but that's how I like it, so it's my personal favorite.

The chocolate and the chocolate peanut butter I could totally pass on - you know how a chocolate peanut butter protein bar has that protein bar taste to it? That's what it tastes like. If you think of it as a frozen protein shake, it's okay, but if you're expecting icecream, it falls short. When I want chocolate and peanut butter it's for the richness of the two, and for that I find myself more satisfied with a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of a chocolate chip vitamuffin.