Stalled on WW...Now trying something new

Options
Hi everyone!

I"m new here. Excited to give this a try. I lost 10 pounds on WW and then just stalled on it for a variety of reasons. Excited to switch it up and try something new. I'm also learning that I like running so hoping pairing this with mapmyrun would be an awesome duo.

:)

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome! I've done earlier WW programs. Came here because I'm no longer employed full-time, which made weekly meeting fees and expense I wanted to avoid. I've lost 70 lbs in just over 8 months (54 to go), logging and exercising.

A couple of ways MFP tracking is different:
    • All fruits and vegetables count. If it has calories, it gets logged. Even if it doesn't have calories, it could be and there's a place on the diary page to track water.
    • The calorie allotment is before exercise. If you exercise, your calorie budget goes up and you're expected to eat some of those back. Fitness burns can be over-estimated, so many people eat back a portion. I do 50%.
  • hksylvan
    hksylvan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips. The tracking of the fruit/veggies will be the biggest transition for me. As for exercise i'm using fitbit and going off the calories its estimating for me. Any pointers about that?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I don't have fitbit. I'd say if you're logging accurately (forgot to mention that scales are best for solids, cups and spoons for liquids) and the weight isn't dropping, it could be overestimating your burn as well. From what I've seen others post, some find that fitbit is pretty close to correct, others find it off by quite a bit.
  • hksylvan
    Options
    I didn't sync my fitbit when i was with WW. They gave me way more points for my steps than i felt accurate. I'm going to keep an eye on how it calculates here.
  • lucyelaine
    lucyelaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have crossed over from the dark side of WW! :) I'm only 2 weeks in, and am working macros as opposed to calories (similar way of tracking) and have lost 3lb so far with 24lb to go. I'm sure I would have lost more if we hadn't had friends down at the weekend and it all went to pot! ha ha ha I also have a fitbit but I haven't figured out how to pair it yet......! I definitely agree with your comment on the WW activity points, it always seemed too high! Good luck :-)
  • hksylvan
    Options
    Good luck to you as well!
  • Fit4Life5100
    Fit4Life5100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Cris. Back again! I've synced my Apple Watch and it does not count the full steps, its fewer. I think I like that because I see it as I don't want to get back what I lost. I'm counting carbs so I'm trying "trial" and see how it works. Good luck see you around!
  • kath1mill
    kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck with your goals. I'm getting into running as well and find I enjoy it most of the time haha. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like a running motivation buddy.
  • ambie0817
    ambie0817 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just cancelled my ww membership this last week. It just got a little too expensive and I wasn't losing anything. So far I love MFP! Feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey, you got this!
  • NacoleO
    NacoleO Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't canceled my WW online membership yet. But I am thinking about it. For now I am tracking at in both apps. I'm looking for friends here, please add me.
  • Helen1963Stewy
    Helen1963Stewy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck hope you do well you can add me as a friend if you like i am from Australia