running outside motivation

Options
ashesnposies333
ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
edited July 2017 in Motivation and Support
OK hi, I'll start by saying I have never been a runner. Ever. But I have always loved the idea of being able to run and maintain a run for long periods of time in case of things like the zombie apocalypse (jk mostly but my irrational fear of zombies still weighs on my mind since I am slow lol) anyway! I have run on treadmills recently at the gym or in a hotels gym but don't have a membership due to cost. I really enjoy running, it feels awesome and makes me sweat. I have looked up proper form and breathing, but motivation to go run outside is lacking. I live near a HS that is a little over a mile around, but I live in the central valley in california and its summer so we get temperatures between 95-110°f all the way through October. Going at night or in the morning are the obvious times but I lack the motivation.
Any tips or ideas to get me started would help a lot, please and thank you!!

Replies

• Snorks43
    Snorks43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No comments on running, but just remember in case of a zombie apocalypse always remember rule no. 2 - Two shots to the head :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am not a true morning person. But in the summer, I get out on my run early(ish) on the weekends and holidays. It's a wonderful feeling and the air is so fresh and cool(ish). I can recommend doing this a couple of times a week.
    Hot days are good training, too. However, stay hydrated and don't be afraid to stop and walk to cool off a bit. I usually run about 5K. In the summer, I still run 5K but not necessarily all together. I may run 2K, walk a few minutes, run 2K more, walk again, run 1K....or any other combination. It's still a 5K run.

Maybe run the shady side of the HS, walk the sunny?