36 female with lots to lose - looking for friends/support

Options
I'm not exactly new, but have decided that if I would like to become more "socially active" on MFP - I want to take advantage of this awesome support system!

So, a little about me - 36 single female looking to lose about 65 pounds. I've been through many many weight loss programs over the years with varying degrees of success. I feel a little different about it this time....my goals are around being fit and healthy rather than just a number on a scale.

In the past, I've become obsessed with the scale and that has never worked out well for me, so I'm trying a different approach.

I'm also incorporating more excercise than I ever have in the past and am loving it! I do a bootcamp workout 4-5 mornings during the week and try to do a little walking/jogging on the weekends. My bootcamp ends in 4 weeks so I'm getting a little nervous about what to do after that because I don't want to fall off on the fitness.

Anyway, I would love to add some new friends so we can support each other through this process!

Please feel free to add me - thanks!!!!

Replies

• prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome to the "socially active"!!
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find lots of support here! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • dgierschke
    dgierschke Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I'll definitely help! I need to be more "socially active" also, so friend me!
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    feel free to add my i'm always willing to give and get support!
  • glasgowgirl101
    glasgowgirl101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosie. Just turned 37 two weeks ago.....feel free to add me too :smile:
  • DeYonna
    DeYonna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • Ssbischoff
    Ssbischoff Posts: 27
    Options
    You can do it! Just keep up with working out after boot camp. Try to incorporate what you have learned into your daily routine. Take it one day at a time and you will get there. Scale obsession is my problem as well. I wish that I could say "I am only stepping on you once a week," but I can't. Oh well, we all have some issues right? Good luck! :happy:
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome i've also got 60+lb to lose so far i'm doing well this site has been such a help for me, feel free to add me anyone for help and support
  • 1derwhy
    1derwhy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're on your way to victory - just like your avatar! Feel free to add me too. I have a long way to go and a lot to lose, and having some pals on MFP is a great way to get there.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    SO refreshing to hear that the number on the scale isnt your number one motivation!! A healthy strong body is something we all deserve! I have finally come to grips with that myself (quite recently) def feel free to add me if you would like !!
  • SeatownJ
    SeatownJ Posts: 11
    Options
    I've found that the key to losing fat is doing something that keeps your interests and makes losing the fat fun. I like it best when fitness is more fun and less of a chore. After work I've been doing hot yoga three times a week, boxing bootcamp twice a week, and coed casual soccer on the weekends. I'm usually having so much fun with the activity, I don't even realize how hard I'm working out. Once I get my body weight down enough, I'm thinking of looking into the Nike+ Running page... and joining up on some goals and challenges on there. There's plenty to keep you motivated out there.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey up, I'm 36 at the end of august too and similar sort of goals, I live n Wales, add me if you like good to have nice people supporting!
  • fatmama51
    fatmama51 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can add me to your friend/support group! I'm older than you, but I remember being 36:laugh:
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    U can add me