Losing weight during school

Options
I started to lose weight the last week of May and have been doing fairly well with it. Of course there have been some setbacks on vacation and whatnot but I have lost 31 pounds over the past 58 days. During summer it's easier to stick to a strict diet and exercise regimen but when the fall term starts, my life goes up in flames and I'm worried about sticking to my diet and keeping my goals in mind.
What have you found is the best way to stay motivated and stay healthy and losing in college?

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I made sure that I ran/jogged at least three times a week to relieve the stress of studying and exams. I had the dorm food plan (basically a buffet every meal) and filled my plate with healthy foods. I snacked on protein. My motivation was to have the stamina to do well in school, and I couldn't do that if I wasn't fueling my body properly and getting enough sleep.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Live off campus, fast during the day, cook my own meals when I get home. Never did experience the whole freshman 20 (maybe 50 is more realistic). My office is my real nemesis. My project manager is always buying the office bagels, donuts, or pizza every week -_-
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too! Studying, classes, exams etc means more sitting and mindless eating. Semester breaks and clinical placement = more steps but more erratic eating schedules which doesn't help either. I try to plan ahead, make portioned meals ahead of time and only have healthy snacks etc in the house so I can't sit and eat a whole bag of chips while I cry into a textbook ;)
  • koburd
    koburd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [quote="zjpq; so I can't sit and eat a whole bag of chips while I cry into a textbook ;) [/quote]

Haha we've all been there