Still look the same

Options
I went from 189 lb to now 176. When will I start to notice a difference? I look in the mirror and I see no difference at all. I feel like giving up and that what I'm doing isn't getting me anywhere

Replies

• me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds so far and I can't see the difference. I put on my old pants and I'm amazed but looking at myself I see no difference at all. Our brains are deceiving because we look at ourselves in the mirror every day.

Best thing you can do is take pictures and you will be able to see the loss.
  • LotusCass
    LotusCass Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've hit the 20lb loss mark today and not really seeing the difference either. I'm sure there must be though. I wish I'd taken pics. I've had one friend comment so maybe others are noticing. I hope I get some other comments to help me feel like I do look different.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds and I don't see any real difference either but I do feel a difference in my knees and back. Also, I have been tracking inches instead of just pounds and I have lost 1-1/2 inches off my waist, so I know that the hard work is paying off.
  • tcostantini1
    tcostantini1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Honestly it can be really hard to tell but trust me, you'll feel it long before you see it. Just keep on chugging on and I can promise you you'll see the results. Time is key for this :)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Did you take a "before" pic? If you did, take a similar pic now and compare the two. Sometimes your brain doesn't see the difference till a side-by-side comparison is made.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Progress pics are the king.
  • Steve_JB
    Steve_JB Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 14lb so far and can't see any difference in the mirror, however, I've reduced by 3 holes on my belt and my shirts and t-shirts are looser fitting. Progress pics are good, but for someone who doesn't like looking at themselves much, I passed on that idea.

S
  • Steve_JB
    Steve_JB Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I ought to have also said that the numbers on the scales are an indication of it working for you. If they are dropping then progress must be being made I'd say.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I went from 189 lb to now 176. When will I start to notice a difference? I look in the mirror and I see no difference at all. I feel like giving up and that what I'm doing isn't getting me anywhere

What's your goal weight? I've lost 11 and can't see a difference yet because I really need to lose another 25.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You are not going to notice changes in yourself in the mirror when you see yourself every day. Take a picture today and compare it to one from prior to your weight loss, I'd bet you can see a few small changes. It took me until about 25lb to see any real difference in the mirror. But back in May I compared a picture from December and the change is actually a bit overwhelming, I would never have noticed it in the mirror.

There are plenty of benefits to getting to a healthy weight that you don't see in the mirror, I have to echo @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld if you quit now, what does that achieve? Get the big girl pants on, give yourself a pat on the back for losing 13lbs and carry on.
  • jessicasweetiepie86
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »

What's your goal weight? I've lost 11 and can't see a difference yet because I really need to lose another 25.

My goal weight is 155
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you were 176lbs? I felt like there was no change when I started losing weight because near the top of my weight I'd refused to buy bigger clothes and just stopped grabbing the jeans out of my drawer that no longer fit. I was disappointed that nothing seemed any looser on me, but it was mostly that I'd refused to fully see the changes in me previously.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »

My goal weight is 155
    When you get closer to that you willsee a difference. If you give up, you never will. Now choose which one is appealing to you more.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm down 22lb and my clothes don't fit much different. It took me 30lb to gain a size so it will probably take that much to lose a size. I only really see a difference in my progress pictures. I feel great when I look at them and it reminds me I am getting results and should keep going.

Pic is when I hit 20lb lost mark