Little fluffy NSV

Options
I'm really new to this, and I've only really started counting calories/exercising with MFP's aid earlier this week. Hooray for friend suggestions! :D Now we can watch each other's diaries and shout out "PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE" if it ever gets out of hand. ;)

I'm usually the type of person who just sort of spirals down into an angsty vortex of self-loathing, especially when it comes to body image and such. Today, however, I felt sexy. I wore shorts! I didn't wear my normal hide-my-love-handles-and-other-torso-fat cardigans! I went swimming and wasn't embarassed by my body! And the topper: I did not once have the same sort of "guh you're so fat" instances that I normally go through when trying on clothes; that one sort of surprised me. I actually thought I looked good. Even for stuff that didn't fit me, my rationale was simply "oh, my boobs don't fit in here" or "oh, it's just too small" as opposed to "zomg, I look like someone overstuffed a sausage casing".

I know I haven't lost a lot of weight or anything (since I only just started this process earlier this week), so this is possibly a little premature. However, it's simply amazing just how committing to a plan and daily exercise can really get you pumped up for this sort of stuff. Even if the physical evidence isn't showing on me yet, just the change in my attitude in regards to myself and my image, is great motivation for me right now. So, in my head its a fairly significant NSV to me. XD Hopefully I can keep up this same energy as I work towards my goals. :)

Replies

• JoelleMonique
    Options
    Good for you! It's ll in the attitude.
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Options
    Great attitude! It's all about the mindset and being dedicated to the change! GOOD LUCK! :happy:
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Attitude is EVERYTHING!!! It will help you to love yourself, and want to continue on your plan to become healthier. Keep on keeping on...and congrats. It's so much more fun living this life when you have a great attitude. :)
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Hurray for attitude changes!! It feels so much better to be happy with yourself while you do this process!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!