Macros For Weight Loss??

Options
I need to lose around 70 lbs, maybe less or more depending on the body fat percentage I like most on me.
I need help to locate videos/links/books to help me find information for macros for weight loss relative to female body type.
I started at 1200 calories last time and I broke a month in. I need to start higher so I dont get frustrated immediately and give up.
I work at a cabinet shop and waitress so I will most likely only be working out 3 or 4 days a week.
Help?? i'm so losst in a sea of information.
Also totally open to weight loss buddies.
Thanks guys :)

Replies

• jdriscoll190
    jdriscoll190 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Putting your stats into mfp to get a calorie goal for weight loss is a great start.... That's the most important piece of info you need!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Putting your stats into mfp to get a calorie goal for weight loss is a great start.... That's the most important piece of info you need!

^^This

Use MFP to set a moderate deficit.
    Hit your calories on a daily basis (but don't get stressed if you mess up)
    Don't exclude foods that you like - just make them fit your calories
    Exercise if you want to - it's not a requirement for weight loss (but it great for health)
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I go by the "100 calorie" rule that I made up myself, lol.

Let's say I set my calories for 1500 calories/day and overeat (let's say I eat 2500 calories that day). The next day I move my "baseline" goal to 1600 calories/day. If I overeat again (let's say 2500 calories) I move it up another 100 calories to 1700/day. I keep adjusting it until I know how many calories I can stick to without feeling overly panicked/restricted and prompting me to binge.

If you are consistently at baseline (let's say 2000 cal) and not losing weight, decrease your goal by 100 cal to 1900/day and keep at it.

I find my diet works a lot better if I eat 2100 calories a day and don't binge eat than if I stick to 1500 calories a day for most days and then get so hungry I overeat to 3000 calories a few days a month.

I also agree with above posters- it's the cals in/out that matter most, not the macros.