What goes good in a mashed banana sandwich?

Options

Replies

• JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Wow, i'm thinking i'm the only one that's never heard of a banana sandwich! holy cow, i'm outta the loop... I'd say PB for sure would go good, or PB and honey!
    I havent heard of it either!
  • matt1986wilson
    Options
    Ok. Will do.

Can't wait for tomorrow lunchtime now! :-D

And I don't think honey and peanut butter would work very well. lol
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    peanut butter & honey is good if you like sweets, cuz its sweet!, but its also high in calories & sugar!
    stick with the pb & nannners. its good protien & tastes great. you'll love it!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Dude!! I've NEVER heard of a mashed banana sandwich!! My stomach was grumbling and I was trying to think of something healthy to much on to hold me over til dinner. I didn't have anything but a banana...didn't feel like having that. :noway: But a mashed banana sandwich with pb and honey? :bigsmile: I have to say, it was GREAT!! I ate it without bread as I didn't want to add to my carb count but I'm glad for this "recipe"!! Thanks!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I usually just slice the bananas rather than mashing them.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Nut. Butter.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Everything is better with bacon.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Nut. Butter.

Nut butter, manually expressed.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    agree pb, or almond butter. I just ate that for my dinner. YUMMY
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Nut. Butter.

bwhahahaha!
    I think I'm in love with you.
  • anubis609
    Options
    Nut. Butter.

I prefer mine manually extracted.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nut. Butter.

While I'm not one to really eat my own homemade nut butter, I don't mind producing some for someone else's mashed banana sandwich.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I grew up on peanut butter and banana sandwiches but I've never heard of mashing the bananas. I've always just sliced the banana and layered it on top of the peanut butter.
  • anubis609
    Options
    Nut. Butter.

While I'm not one to really eat my own homemade nut butter, I don't mind producing some for someone else's mashed banana sandwich.

Neither am I. I just like to produce it for others to enjoy. I'm selfless that way. Like a random act of blindness, just as a courtesy.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    The other day I made a banana (but sliced) and peanut butter sandwich (but open faced to save on the extra slice of bread) and drizzled a very light amount of honey on top. It was really good and kept me full for a few hours!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Title says it all really. lol

Thinking of making one tomorrow (in wholegrain bread) for lunch but want to add a little something else to it as well.

By far, the BEST mashed banana sandwich:
    Berries in addition to some greek yogurt used like mayo (spread on thin). Drizzle some honey, add the bread on top and you're good to go! Oh, and cinnamon - my secret ingredient. I swear by it!
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Peanut butter.....really!? I wouldn't have thought so but will definitely try it out since you all seem to like it. lol

Yup!!! You can't beat a peanut butter and nanner sandwich. It gets even better on toast after the peanut butter begins to melt from the heat. Good stuff!!!!

"If Elvis likes it, it has to be good...."

I am with you on this one
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You guys are talking about my favorite sandwich that put me where I'm at! I LOVE peanut and bananas on toast! Used to have that every morning for breakfast...so good in fact I had several! lol...That's why I don't have them now. Can't stop! Enjoy while I just will remember and drool!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter + banana + raisin sandwiches = AMAZING!

Toast the bread, spread the PB on while the bread is still warm so that it kinda melts a little. Top off with an even sprinkle of raisins and a hefty layer of banana. Goes great with a tall, cold glass of milk

:D
  • kittyforet
    kittyforet Posts: 29
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly with mashed banana

or

peanut butter and marshmallow cream with mashed banana

or

peanut butter, jelly, sliced strawberries and mashed banana

YUMMMY!!!