Not losing weight

Options
Hi,

I've been counting my calories for almost a month now, trying to meet 1200 calories on days that I don't do exercise, and 1600 where I am exercising, as I cycle to work Monday to Thursday, which when logged burns 545 calories. Therefore, without increasing my calorie intake for the day, I am lethargic and tired, and at first experienced dizziness and nausea when cycling at 1200 daily calories. In addition to this, I follow the Kayla Itsines BBG work out programme, trying to tone up, in addition to my weight loss.

My diet consists mainly of proteins, vegetables and fruits. I also tend to have white rice every other day or so. I've cut out so much out of my diet, and although I feel much better, I have not lost any weight. I run a couple of times a week too, burning more calories, though it just doesn't seem to be working!

The only change I've seen is a little more muscle on my arms, from the fitness programme, but my main goal is to lose the weight around my lower half.

Any advice?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food intake?
  • lydiaisaacs
    lydiaisaacs Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I measure out my food, and input it into the Myfitnesspal food tracker.
  • lydiaisaacs
    Options
    DM_78 wrote: »
    Have you considered lowering your carbohydrate intake and increasing healthy fats and protein?

According to the app I am on track with my nutrients. I'll reconsider my diet, but it's hard when I'm already at 1200 and the nutrients I am getting are needed when the intake is so low.
  • lydiaisaacs
    Options
    Time to break out the flowchart me thinks
    ux38hxjagqcf.jpg
    Time to break out the flowchart me thinks
    ux38hxjagqcf.jpg

Thanks! Looks like I'll be taking a trip to see the doctor.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are your height and weight?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been counting my calories for almost a month now, trying to meet 1200 calories on days that I don't do exercise, and 1600 where I am exercising, as I cycle to work Monday to Thursday, which when logged burns 545 calories. Therefore, without increasing my calorie intake for the day, I am lethargic and tired, and at first experienced dizziness and nausea when cycling at 1200 daily calories. In addition to this, I follow the Kayla Itsines BBG work out programme, trying to tone up, in addition to my weight loss.

My diet consists mainly of proteins, vegetables and fruits. I also tend to have white rice every other day or so. I've cut out so much out of my diet, and although I feel much better, I have not lost any weight. I run a couple of times a week too, burning more calories, though it just doesn't seem to be working!

The only change I've seen is a little more muscle on my arms, from the fitness programme, but my main goal is to lose the weight around my lower half.

Any advice?

Need some context here. Age? Ht? Weight?
    Have you considered lowering your carbohydrate intake and increasing healthy fats and protein?

According to the app I am on track with my nutrients. I'll reconsider my diet, but it's hard when I'm already at 1200 and the nutrients I am getting are needed when the intake is so low.

Don't reconsider the diet just yet! It's only been a month and a lot of things could be happening to mask your progress.

If you truly are eating 1200 calories and eating up to 1600 on the exercise days, you likely should be losing fat (this is why the context matters) - but in such a short time that does not always equate to weight. What is your presumed calorie deficit?

Again, need more context.
  • lydiaisaacs
    Options

That doesn't answer my question.

How? Are you weighing it? Or are you just going off the packet weights? Are you using cups?

I am weighing out my ingredients using scales, making sure if I'm making an omlette, for example, all of my vegetables are weighed out individually and inputted into the app in grams.
  • lydiaisaacs
    Options
    Hi,

Any advice?

Need some context here. Age? Ht? Weight?

Don't reconsider the diet just yet! It's only been a month and a lot of things could be happening to mask your progress.

If you truly are eating 1200 calories and eating up to 1600 on the exercise days, you likely should be losing fat (this is why the context matters) - but in such a short time that does not always equate to weight. What is your presumed calorie deficit?

Again, need more context.

I'm 18, 5"10 and weight 79.2 kg.
  • lydiaisaacs
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    What are your height and weight?

5"10, 18 years old and 79.2 kg
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

That doesn't answer my question.

How? Are you weighing it? Or are you just going off the packet weights? Are you using cups?

I am weighing out my ingredients using scales, making sure if I'm making an omlette, for example, all of my vegetables are weighed out individually and inputted into the app in grams.

So you use a food scale, eat 1200 calories, yet haven't lost weight in a month? My next question for you is, do you have a cheat day on the weekends? If so, it would explain a lot.