Just wanna look my age again ...

Options
Hi every 1 i am 28 years old going to become 29 in coming november ... never thought of myself being bodyshamed ever but had to face it recently i was always a smarty girl but during last few years due to some work load job stress and study i started gaining weight. I aleays thought i will loose it as soon as i start to workout but never could adjust my routine . Untill this april when my boyfreind said that i look like a cow and he is ashamed of walking by my side i never felt this much humiliated ... and thats when my 5 years relationship ended ... pushing me into more depression ... but finally i found the courage to do somthing for my self and i startrd walking and adopting healthy life style ... i just lost 5 kgs in 2 months and i know its a long way down to my destinatiin but i need to do it for myself this time ....i started with 232lbs and now i am 215 lbs i want to be 120 lbs one day soon hopefully ... :)

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    You're off to an excellent start! :)
  • ashimashi2017
    ashimashi2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanku
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing 17 pounds so far. You are doing great.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Another 29 year old here! I didn't have that experience with a boyfriend but looking at old pictures and seeing myself (nearly) twice the size I was in high school is pretty painful :(

One day he'll see you and regret ever saying anything to hurt you so badly! Good luck!
  • ashimashi2017
    Options
    Thanx a bunch every one for increasing my moral and motivatng ....
  • xtinax89
    xtinax89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good for you for loving yourself enough not to put up with his BS! Feel free to add me as a friend-- we are all in this struggle together!
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You've not only lost 17lbs, you've lost the couple of hundred lbs taken up by your horrible ex!

Keep up the good work, and just imagine the look on his face when he sees you at your goal weight and so happy :) feel free to add me as a friend if you like <3
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!! Keep up the hard work... another 29 year old over here though I will be 30 on Nov. 4th (Trying to get to High School weight by then) Add me if you need a buddy. :) I went from around 280 to currently being 202-204 lately... I fluctuate like crazy. Lol
  • lucyelaine
    lucyelaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go you! You are off to a fantastic start, and it will be so worth it in the end! Feel free to add me if ever you need a boost or bit of motivation! :smile:
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    So what did the obnoxious ex weigh? I'd add that as my total loss! :) Well done!
  • ashimashi2017
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanx for your motivation
  • ashimashi2017
    Options
    Lucy1752 wrote: »
    First, congrats on the 5 kg in two momths. Well done!

Good job starting walking and exercising - that will help your mood and your health.

I had a similar experience. My husband (now ex-husband) was caught having an affair and his excuse was I was too fat. I was only 30 lbs above the healthy bmi range and only 10 lbs heavier than when married. You know what? It was all a cheap way for him to blame me for the end of the relationship. Don't let that stick in your head. There will be a new person who values you for you and no weight, age, hair going gray, health issue or whatever comes along will keep him from cherishing you for the valuable person you are. Accept nothing less!

I ended up gaining a lot more after the divorce so it meant more to lose. By the time I got started with MFP I had a similar starting weight as you and have lost 78 lbs in 18 months. Slow and steady, but very much worth the effort.

Keep up the good work!

July 20, 2017 6:50PM
    I wasted so much time on just thinking that y he could see past my weight and love my personna for whom i was ..... but it wasnt my weight it was his flawed personality ... same is the case with you ...no excuse for cheating and i hope he regret every bit of his remaining life for loosing such a wonderful person as you
  • ashimashi2017
    Options
    U are my source of motivation
  • ashimashi2017
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    So what did the obnoxious ex weigh? I'd add that as my total loss!
    He was 6.2 feet and was in his normal BMi
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    So glad you are taking the weight off for you- NOT for him or any other person- Keep striving and doing your best- You will conquer this!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!