Looking for a low carb buddy

Options
Today is my day 1 of low carb again. In the past I have successfully lost and maintained a 50lb weight loss,a pregnancy than lost all the weight . In 2013 I had some severe health issues that continued til December of this year. I gained 60lbs and am looking to reach my goal weight of 147 again.

Replies

• ourenchantedcottage
    ourenchantedcottage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to be your low carb buddy. I am a professional chef and basically eat low carb. I should say I try to ear low carb. Being a chef and being on a diet sounds just as bad as "Jumbo Shrimp" (who ever thought of that name, apparently did not think it through, lol). We can exchange ideas and I am always willing to share my knowledge of food.
  • jenlanzillotta
    jenlanzillotta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have added you. My fiance is also a chef. You would think it would make my journey easier. With his late nights and (not wanting to cook at home ) it makes it harder.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @jenianzillotta it is good to hear your health issues have improved. My health continues to improve since I have been just under 50 grams of carbs daily for about three years now. That are many on MFP that are eating your way too. The only thing I measure is my body weight each morning which I seldom log since I have maintained for the past two years in the 195-210 pound range automatically. The wife came in with a boat load of fresh cherries, grapes and oranges this morning so I am sure I have eaten more than 50 grams of carbs today. Low Carb is not like a religion in my case but since LCHF has fixed many health issues over the past 3 years I plan to stay with it for life. At 66 I have the best health/health markers in years to prove the LCHF WOE is working in my case.

Best of continued success.
  • erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been doing low carb (keto) for a week now.
  • victoriaemilyf
    victoriaemilyf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I started Keto 7/17/17 and happy to have some accountability friends.
  • kayhickey2003
    kayhickey2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me. I am on a "strict" Keto diet on day 3 today!
  • Lynn052904
    Lynn052904 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also trying to get into ketosis and stay under 40. I have a lot of weight to lose so my carb limit may be higher than some. I blew it tonight with a second helping of enchilada so yes - would love a low carb buddy or bunch of them! Please add me to your group!
  • Nicolegordon05
    Nicolegordon05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. Looking for low carb keto friends.
  • awildwomanatheart
    awildwomanatheart Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. SW 262 CW Unknown as of yet and GW 130. I've been Keto for the last month and though I haven't weighed myself yet, I can see changes. The most important one being how much better I feel! So much more energy, more motivated, easier to maintain my diet than I thought; I think you'll really see not only a good change but find it very rewarding overall. Wishing you all the best!