Gaining weight during period?

Options
When do you go back to normal when you gain weight around that time of the month?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Warning: its different for everyone.

I tend to gain the day after I start and the excess does not drop away for a couple of weeks.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It varies for me. I gain weight during ovulation and my cycle. Usually right at the end of my period, I get a whoosh of weight loss, 3 pounds on average. It stays that way until ovulation, where I regain that 3 pounds until my period comes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    For me it's normally a couple of days at +2-3lb around ovulation then a couple of pound whoosh and then the week before my period I can go up 5-6lb and then whoosh again after about day 3.
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I gain approx. 7 pounds. usually 2 days before my cycle, I feel bloated and heavy. if I step on the scale, im always 7 pounds heavier. 3 days after my cycle, Im usually back to normal. I have to be careful not to indulge in overly salty and sweet foods (I LOVE them during my cycle), otherwise I will have bloat that is unrelated to the my cycle.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    About + 4lbs the day or so before and gone again the day it stops.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,930 Member
    Options
    I usually get a whoosh exactly a week after my period started.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Usually a week but this time around I lost during my period.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Most women retain some water at different times during their menstrual cycle. I don't notice it too much any more, but I used to retain more water around ovulation. If you weigh daily you will start to see a pattern and you'll be able to know. Some women lose the water as soon as the bleeding starts, for some it is few days or even the entire week.
  • brentleyann1
    brentleyann1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It'll be different for everyone. My SIL gains and bloats during ovulation and I do during my period. You can track it for a month or 2 and know when it is. I wouldn't worry too much since we know it's all hormones that will even out. I only gain 2 to 3 lbs but I bloat like 10 so I don't even go off of my clothing and plan for a sweatpants week. I'm sure my husband loves it. :smile:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    For me, it's 10 days from the weight peak.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I start to bloat/gain weight 2 days before my period, gaining 3-5lbs. Once I get past day 5 the bloating starts to go away. It also depends on if I give into my cravings. :wink:
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    For me it's on day 4 or so of my period that I'd typically have the whoosh - it's because I spend most of day 2 and 3 peeing (sorry about too much information).