Ready to drink liquid shakes?

Options
Leahrf313
Leahrf313 Posts: 10 Member
Hello all! Who uses the ready to drink liquid protein shakes for meal replacement? If so which ones? What do you look for on labels? I found one that actually tastes really pleasant compared to others I've had in the past and am just wondering how it is compared to the ones you all use?

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I looked into it for a bit, but most of them that i could buy had HFC or other massive amounts of sugar in with them. Which essentially turns it into a can of pop.

It just reaffirmed that the protein powders was the way to go for me.
  • jarvissheffield
    jarvissheffield Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I cheat a with the shakes. I use either almond or cashew milk and fruit with ice blended. Most of the shakes are really high in either carbs, sugar or calories.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'll take a slim fast when I want something quick and sweet, and am being lazy, but only once a week or so. I used to use them all the time, and I liked Muscle Milk alot, because I have stomach issues, and milk isn't one of my issues, but soy is.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I live off of 100%food low carb blend monday through friday, but they are going out of business. I hear good things about soylent/coffiest, there's a few competing companies out there, and most bodybuilding supp companies offer MRPs (ON has one, myprotein has one, muscletech makes one, etc).

100%food tastes lousy btw, I drink it because the macros and ingredients are good.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I drink a cup of skim milk + a scoop of Quest protein powder for breakfast. Tastes great and fills me up until lunch! About 200 calories. (It would be 100 if I used water instead of milk, but milk tastes better IMO.)
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use Soylent at least once a day, typically on my way to work....the Original v1.8 powder aint bad....I like the "neutral"" flavor...cause I can add my OWN flavoring....that way I dont get bored of it...lol made the mistake of buying a tub of Cookies and Cream protein powder....will never eat cookies and cream for a couple months hgahaha...so worn out on that taste haha...and thats where I like the neutral flavor soylent
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ahoier wrote: »
    I use Soylent at least once a day, typically on my way to work....the Original v1.8 powder aint bad....I like the "neutral"" flavor...cause I can add my OWN flavoring....that way I dont get bored of it...lol made the mistake of buying a tub of Cookies and Cream protein powder....will never eat cookies and cream for a couple months hgahaha...so worn out on that taste haha...and thats where I like the neutral flavor soylent

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    LilacSnow wrote: »

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!

I thought of the movie too when I read that line xDDD
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your body is worth more than a shake. They're mainly full of caffeine, additive, artificial sweeteners, crap.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap alternative to slimfast called in shape, its cheap and I only have it for lunch in the week, does the job of filling me up and giving me some good vitamins and minerals, I like to make sure the foods I eat are low fat, carb, salt and calories and have good amounts of the stuff we need like protein, fibre etc but the shake just helps make sure my body is getting what it needs if that makes sense :) plus I have some fruit with my shake, sometimes blending it into the shake, I really enjoy them especially the strawberry ones, I try making my own juices, blending lemon juice, broccoli, spinach, celery etc but my blender is not good and they come out a little thick and clumpy..... not really juiced lol
  • rsouthards
    rsouthards Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ahoier wrote: »

How's your journey going on the Soylent? I just started Soylent 2.0 this past Monday and am enjoying it. I'm only doing 1 bottle a day for now and may go up to 2 bottles a day. I can already see an improvement!

Soylent nutrition facts (for original flavoring):
    Serving size: 1 bottle (414mL)
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 400

% Daily Value
    Total Fat 21g 32%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g
    Monounsaturated Fat 16g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 300mg 13%
    Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%
    Soluble Fiber 1g
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Includes 9g Added Sugars 18%
    Total Sugars 9g
    Protein 20g
    Serving Size
    Vitamin D 2mcg 20%
    Calcium 200mg 20%
    Iron 3.6mg 20%
    Potassium 700mg 20%
    Vitamin K 20%
    Vitamin E 20%
    Thiamin 20%
    Vitamin A 20%
    Vitamin C 20%
    Riboflavin 20%
    Niacin 20%
    Vitamin B6 20%
    Folic Acid 20%
    Vitamin B12 20%
    Biotin 20%
    Choline 20%
    Iodine Magnesium 20%
    Zinc Selenium 20%
    Copper Manganese 20%
    Chromium 20%
    Molybdenum 20%
    Pantothenic Acid 20%
  • susanofarrell
    susanofarrell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Muscle Milk Light. It's a treat and tastes like a thick chocolate milkshake to me.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein makes one that's 160 cals with 30g protein. Low carbs and fat.

They're not the best option, but when I know I need to save calories for later, it works for me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Leahrf313 wrote: »
    Hello all! Who uses the ready to drink liquid protein shakes for meal replacement? If so which ones? What do you look for on labels? I found one that actually tastes really pleasant compared to others I've had in the past and am just wondering how it is compared to the ones you all use?

One meal, two meals, three meals?

A protein shake will supplement PROTEIN. A meal replacement shake (especially for multiple meals) should provide more than just protein. If you are looking for a meal replacement also look for fats, fiber & vitamins
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love premier protein. I have one for breakfast everyday during the work week.