250 to 210 then have problems losing

Options
I lost 44 pounds now I still eat perfect but up until 210 I was losing 2lbs a week no problem now I'm losing maybe if I'm lucky 2lbs a month. I can not lower my calories anymore and if I eat over at all I gain. I work out for 30 mins a day switching up between the elliptical or taking a long walk at the park. I want to start lifting but I have to get extra money to buy weights seeing im a stay at home mom so can't just get up and go to the gym. Im almost near the first goal of 200 I'm just 7lbs away but the slow down is frustrating me.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating your calorie burns? and are you using a food scale (not sure what you mean by eating perfect)?

It might be worth dropping down your rate of loss to 1/1.5lb per week, weight loss isn't linear and the closer you get to your goals the slower it will get and the more accurate you need to be as your margin of error is narrower.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You can do body weight exercises for free that will have the same effect as weight lifting until you can get money straightened out.

Just keep the course, and keep pushing. Sounds like you're at a pretty ugly plateau, they happen, and they are frustrating, but keep pushing and you'll eventually get past it. I promise.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you track your food intake - either here on MFP or by other means? Are you really tracking EVERYTHING you eat, and weighing what you eat?

It's really important to weigh solid food (or, in the case of liquids and powders, measure). You must do this whenever you possibly can. If you're eating at a restaurant, educate yourself on how to gauge and estimate portion sizes. For example, 4 oz of meat is roughly the size of a pack of cards, etc. There are lots of websites and images that can give you an idea of how to do it.

Just out of curiosity, you said that you "eat perfect". What exactly do you mean by this? I'm not being judgmental... I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start. Do you mean you are eating at or under your calorie limit? If so, how did you calculate this limit?
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I also want to add that I've hit some terrible plateaus that lasted for months on end. It's maddening, I know, but if you know you are tracking everything you eat and weighing/measuring it accurately, and are not overestimating how many calories you burn, then eventually your weight loss will pick back up. There are factors that prevent us from losing weight steadily... some we can control, others not so much. Good luck, and hang in there - we are all rooting for you!!
  • SammieCosme
    SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh all my food. I eat out once a month because I love chinese food and I only drink water. And Yeah I'm either at my calorie limit or slightly under.
  • SammieCosme
    SammieCosme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh but my Chinese is also take out so I eat it at home so I can separate the food and measure it in a way and use mfp. For eating that that is the ONLY meal I eat that day because that whole meal is like 1100 calories

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    We can't see your food diary or your macros... you may have to change up "how" you are eating... less carbs / sugar and more protein / healthy fat.

Unless you are super active your carbs may be too high and you are "burning" them for energy rather than fat....
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Everyday on this board there a numerous posts by people wrecked by their own brains. Mostly over one issue- time. If you're still losing it's not a plateau. It's just a matter of time. If you have a long term livable program so close to your goal why mess with it?

Read this board. You'll read accounts of outcomes much much worse than it took longer than I hoped. If the scale is still trending down, tell that voice in your head to take a pill.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Also watch your stress levels and get enough sleep. I know that's hard being a mom ...but I have had both affect me.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    We can't see your food diary or your macros... you may have to change up "how" you are eating... less carbs / sugar and more protein / healthy fat.

Unless you are super active your carbs may be too high and you are "burning" them for energy rather than fat....

Calories are the only thing that matter for weightless.