Need help to cut out fizzy drinks!

Options
Hiya all.
I'm looking for some support and help to try and help me cut down and maybe cut out dizzy drinks
When I don't drink them I get bad headaches.
I drink coca cola and monster energy drinks.
I find it hard to drink water as I don't like the tassle of it.. I try to drink orange and apple juice and squash.
But I will always go back to fizzy drinks.
Any help or advice.
Been trying for years to cut down.
Thank you in advice xx <3

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Might be caffeine addict. Try switch to diet coke
    Then try soda water
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just drink the sugar free versions
  • marty_tin
    marty_tin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the soda stream? Once you get the machine, the drinks are not very expensive at all. I find that if I drink soda I crave it more. If you quit and find a way to get through the headaches while drinking water (maybe flavor it with sugar free koolaid) you will begin to crave more water.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I seen a soda addict quit by adding water to his soda, gradually at 1st, and then increasing the water to soda ratio....he is now soda free
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Things you might consider -

- Swapping your Monster for Bang (Lemon Drop, Black Cherry Vanilla and Champagne Cola in particular) - No calorie drink that includes various vitamins, BCAAs, Creatine, etc. Fairly pricey.
    - Propel zero calorie drinks - No carbonation and may not have enough flavor for you; no caffeine too
    - BCAA powders to mix with water - Low to no calorie, some with caffeine, some with vitamins, etc. Some brands we like are Xtend, ON Amino Energy, Acuts by allmax, Amminocore by Allmax (but don't buy until they remove the KIC from the formula unless you don't mind a powder that smells terrible, very terrible). Pretty economical for many of them
    - Sparkling ice - various flavors (stronger flavor than propel for example)
    - Green/Black tea

The headaches could easily be caffeine withdrawal.
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No reason not to have the carbonation - just use seltzer water or club soda (seltzer with a trace of salt/salts added). It's the other stuff that's bad for you, sugar, artificial colors and sweeteners. You can get used to drinking other beverages, juice, etc, well diluted with plain seltzer, and should grow to like it that way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Headaches......caffeine withdrawal. Do you like iced tea? I find that if I use flavored tea bags (along with plain ones) I get a more mellow flavor overall. Iced green tea is good too....as long as I don't use too hot water (then it's bitter).